Finding Out Your Flight Is Cancelled While Driving To The Airport

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, May 19, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

In my 4+ million flown miles I've had a lot of flight cancellations/delays. But they've almost always been on airlines that I have status with or when I'm flying in a premium cabin. Yesterday I was scheduled to fly from New York LaGuardia to Tampa on JetBlue with my parents (which is a whole different adventure in and of itself). Everything was looking good, and we left the city a bit early so we'd have time to visit the Centurion Lounge. Five minutes after getting in an Uber I get an email from JetBlue saying that our flight had been cancelled. Crap. I was confused at first, since the weather looked fine, and this cancellation occurred hours in advance. As it turns out there was a low cloud ceiling, which was causing delays averaging over four hours. That's insane. Usually I can make flight decisions on my sleep, since I've experienced just about everything. This one sort of stumped me, though. Do we stop the Uber and just stay in the city? Do we still go to LaGuardia? I was doing my best to get JetBlue on the phone while looking up inventory online, calming down my parents, and figuring out what was causing the cancellation. The post Finding Out Your Flight Is Cancelled While Driving To The Airport appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...