Finding NC/NF on United

Discussion in 'ExpertFlyer' started by techtrainer, Nov 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. techtrainer

techtrainer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi,

I am considering getting a premium subscription to ExpertFlyer. I've read their 10 page guide, looked at the FAQ and testimonials and 20 posts here, but have yet to find what I need to make a decision.

I travel on business and am always hunting for NC/NF space. Generally, I'll book 4-8 weeks in advance, but I'm flexible on airport, date, route, # of stops. Traditionally, I've done these searches by calling the 1k desk or on united.com via expert mode and a dummy booking, but it's painful.

More precisely, usually my schedule is flexible by a day or two on either end of my trip. And I don't care about non-stop if a multi-segment trip would be upgradeable. And I live in San Jose but I'm OK flying out of other bay area airports if the flights are upgradeable. Can I create an expertflyer search that includes all of these parameters? Let's say it's a trip to Miami:

Search for NF space departing SFO,SJC, or OAK on 12/1 or 12/2, via any routing, arriving MIA or FLL, returning on 12/5 - 12/7.

Thanks,

Robert

2. ExpertFlyer Voice

ExpertFlyer Voice Z Representative

Status Points:
    Hi Robert. Have you tried our 5 day free trial so you can see first hand what the Award & Upgrade search can do? You may want to start there.

The Award & Upgrade search requires a specific city pair, however you can search +/- 3 days on the departure and return dates. All of these features are outlined here: http://www.expertflyer.com/frequent-flyer-programs

3. techtrainer

techtrainer Silver Member

Status Points:
    OK,

I signed up for a free account first, I'll get to the 5 day when I have more time. But this leads to my next question. I only care about aisle/window seats in Economy Plus. But I didn't see a way to configure that. So my first alert essentially says "You can switch from a middle E+ seat to a E- aisle." Is there a "Premium Economy Only" button for seat alerts?

4. ExpertFlyer Voice

ExpertFlyer Voice Z Representative

Status Points:
    E+ seats are not currently indicated separately from the rest of economy on the seat map. As such you would need to use the Select Specific Seats option to choose the exact seats you want to be notified about. Use the Treat Premium only as available if necessary.

Either way, if you have elite status on UA please enter your FF# in the My Account page to get the most accurate results.