Finding Money In Greece – Tips For Travelers

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jun 29, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Over the last few days, things have gotten worse for the country of Greece. Because of major withdrawals, limits placed by the European Central Bank, and other factors leading up to the weekend, Greece’s government instituted capital controls. This limits the amount of money that Greeks are able to withdraw from the bank and limits money going outside of Greece. Not only that, but the banks of Greece are closed for the week, another measure to prevent a run on the banking system. Some banks have opened but only for pensioners as many of them do not have bank cards to withdraw their money. For everyone else, a limit has been placed on the amount of money that can be withdrawn per day by ATM. That limit is €60 per day. If you are visiting Greece, how will this affect you? Finding Money In Greece As someone who currently lives in Greece, I am seeing all of this unravel in front of my eyes. Not only that, but I am experiencing... The post Finding Money In Greece – Tips For Travelers appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...