Finding Mistake Fares?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by nbuchan1, Jan 19, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. nbuchan1

nbuchan1 Active Member

Status Points:
    What's the best way to stay on top of mistake fares? Are there specific blogs, forum threads, or Twitter accounts I should be following? I read quite a few travel hacking blogs, but I never seem to hear about mistake fares until it's too late. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm hoping to be able to put together a Twitter list that I can check a few times per day to make sure I don't miss the next great mistake fare! I'll happily share the list with the community :)

uggboy, Gargoyle and UA191 like this.
  2. UA191

UA191 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Personally, I monitor BoardingArea and FT's Mileage Run Deals pages (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/).
    Would love to hear of a few more places to follow, though!

wharvey, WilliamQ, Newscience and 4 others like this.
  3. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not a big FT fan but I'd say that's about the best. I watch BoardingArea, DansDeals and FT some. Deltapoints has a instant message feed (no spam) also that is good for Delta.

WilliamQ likes this.
  4. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
    @theflightdeal is a great account to follow. Not always mileage run worthy, but all deals they list are 6 CPM or less.

Set up mobile notifications (native Twitter app and/or texts) for the Twitter accounts you follow.

However, IME, the best way to get notified quickly about deals is to be connected with a network of people who also monitor deal boards. That's what makes events like Frequent Traveler University valuable - you meet people.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  5. nbuchan1

nbuchan1 Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks so much for the advice! I'm hoping to attend my first FTU event sometime this year. Also, thanks for the tip about the FT thread.

UA191 likes this.