finding marriott tiers

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by cotter77, Sep 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. cotter77
    Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    How does one easily assess what tier or reward level a marriott hotel is when searching stays/properties. It never seems to be displayed easily, unlike SPG site that shows right on your search results for each hotel option so you know which levels you are looking at?
    this would be even more helpful for marriott since I am always trying to find those tier 3 and 4 hotels for the free night cert usage.

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. samfelix

samfelix Active Member

Status Points:
    I simply Google "marriott category 4". The site pops up populated with just cat 4 props. Toggle from there.
    BTW, I had the same problem until about two weeks ago.

Jimgotkp and marcwint55 like this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just went through this to use a free certificate in San Diego for my daughter. Not a lot of category four rooms there. If you click on to the individual hotel it will show you what category they are. It can be a bit tedious, but I don't know of any other way.

4. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    1. Go to this website: http://www.marriott.com/rewards/pointsGridPopUp.mi?awardType=Standard
    2. Scroll down on the Category/Tier list on the top right hand side of the window.
    3. Press "OK".

5. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    If your question is
    you can tell by going to the hotel's site, and under the general description narrative you'll find a line giving the "Mariott Rewards category:". It is actually a link, and if you follow it, it gives you information on the number of points needed for an award at the property, etc.

6. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    When you search for hotels, one of the filters on the left is Hotel Rewards Category. You can filter on Cat 1 through 4 to find what you're looking for:

The official site for hotel reservations for Marriott hotels and beach resorts at Marriott.com.png