Find every power socket in every airport in the world

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by avleenvig, Mar 20, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. avleenvig

avleenvig New Member

Status Points:
    I hope people don't mind this slight self-promotion :) There's little benefit to me, but I'm hoping it helps a lot of other people.

One of the most stressful things for me as a frequent traveller, has been finding a place to charge up at airports. Power sockets are hard to find at the best of times - or they're all full up.

So I wrote an app for that :) It's currently just for Android phones. Hopefully I can find someone to help me with coding it for iPhones. It lets people show existing power sockets, and also submit power sockets so everyone else can find them too.

If anyone has feature requests or bug reports, I'm all ears. I'm hoping this can become a really useful app for all travelers. A lot of airports are currently empty and we definitely need people who are traveling to help us map these power sockets out :)

The app is "Airport Power" in the Google Play store.

Is this something that would be useful to the community?

sobore, GoodBoy, rharrigill and 3 others like this.
  2. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good idea for an app, though I'm an iPhone user. I also usually just go to a lounge,the majority of which have power outlets or office spaces.

GoodBoy and Gargoyle like this.
  3. Anthony Smith-Chaigneau

Anthony Smith-Chaigneau Active Member

Status Points:
    You can find all the Power sockets in the world in Charles de Gaulles....but they still do not work ...

4. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have found that Lax has more that don't work than do work.

GoodBoy and Gargoyle like this.
  5. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    So, you guys are saying California is quite lax about it's power, and Paris has a power vacuum?

daninstl, GoodBoy and TRAVELSIG like this.
  6. [​IMG]

just to make you homesick G:)

Gargoyle likes this.
  7. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good idea except if I knew about any that worked I might not want to share if I frequent that airport since the next time around it would be full of people. Selfish I know. Seriously that's why I carry a small power strip. Oh and if you found the one I forgot at the radisson blu in Rome recently let me know so. Can get my iPod charger back that was also plugged into it.

Wandering Aramean and Gargoyle like this.