Finally some NetSAAver fares from SFO

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by tom911, Oct 15, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think it's been a good year since AA offered anything from SFO. Each week I get an e-mail reporting there's nothing in my market and then giving me a list of departing airports thousands of miles away just in case I'd like to fly from them.

This week's SFO deals are DFW at $201 and BDL at $275. This is for travel next weekend, not this coming weekend.

viguera, tondoleo and TheBeerHunter like this.
  2. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same for SEA

tondoleo likes this.
  3. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just booked SFO-JFK Dec 7-10 for $224. Those are the kind of weekend fares I'll jump at. I had been looking at a visit back a week later but the ideal flights around that weekend (14th-17th) were approaching $400 and they weren't on the nonstops. No out of pocket hotel costs as I redeemed two different credit card renewal nights (Priority Club and Hyatt), and third night is a Hyatt award night. Happy to be able to piece this together with short notice. Biggest challenge was the hotels but they worked out in the end. The really cheap NYC rates don't seem to kick in until Dec 15.

Checked hotel 3A rates on my stay dates and there were $629, $269 and $359, so a lot of value with my free nights.

flyforawg likes this.
  4. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Even cheaper from Seattle----$210RT.

5. okrogius

okrogius Silver Member

Status Points:
    SEA-MIA appeared semi-frequently around 200. Now it seems to vary a bit with some JFK weekends.

6. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just received the NetSaaver e-mail from AA, a full two days after I saw the fare and booked it, so it does pay off making a daily check of fares if you have time. Hopefully I beat out enough EXP level flyers to clear the upgrade list both directions. SFO-SJU at $395 was also on the list. I've done that a couple times this year at $266 so won't jump at that $395 price point.