Finally: AE Mileage Expiry feature added

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by Canadi>n, Jun 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just noticed that a new feature has been added to the AE site. On the "Your Account" page there is now a link to request the number of one's miles that will expire after 7-years (end of 2014). One clicks to request this number ("Request Mileage Status") and gets the following box:

You have made a request to obtain the number of seven-year-old non-redeemed miles subject to expiry in 2014. Members who enrolled after January 1, 2008, have no miles set to expire between January 1 and December 31, 2014. Your mileage redemption status will be sent to the following email address...

This is followed by:

Your request has been sent.
    The mileage redemption status will be sent to your email address within one to four business days of your request. If you did not provide a valid email address, the mileage redemption status will be sent to your mailing address within 20 business days of your request.

Let's hope this is followed by one to keep tabs on our Million Mile status!

canucklehead, milchap and 2MM_Guy like this.
  2. 2MM_Guy
    Original Member

2MM_Guy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info!

3. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow, they were quick with the email summary! I emailed once I saw this post at noon yesterday and its in my email inbox this afternoon! This will be useful as Awardwallet does not break down for the 7yr rule, only the 12month inactivity expiration.

4. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, mine also arrived today too, personally sent by AE's VP of marketing and innovation. As it turns out I have no expiring miles for the periods covered from December 31, 2013 through December 31, 2014. Guess I've been making good use of my 3 million+ miles earned over the years!

5. SVJ
    Original Member

SVJ Silver Member

Status Points:
    Received reply in 24 hrs! Only 70k to use out of almost 4.5 million earned. Now would just like to see official MM recognition!:)