Finally Admiral's club Smartens Up

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by THREEA4ME, Jun 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    to go online, instead of giving you those cards with the ridiculous xkjskdfasdhfkl33kl2kjds code you had to enter, now you just enter your Advantage Number!

Simple.

Brilliant!

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Don't think this is new.... I've been an Admirals Club member for over a year and have always done it that way. If you're a member you can use your AAdvantage number, non-members get the slips. That's how I've always seen it.

3. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    DL has free Internet for everyone in the lounge. I know AA outsources web access to TMobile in exchange for them looking after the system and providing free passes for AC members and all FL guests, but it continues to strike me as silly for AA to charge non-AA ow sapphires (and non-AA ow emeralds at non-FL locations) and Amex pass holders for wifi.

This is something that, IMHO, should be a standard offer at any respectable lounge.

JohnDeere19 and skit53 like this.
  4. millionmiler

millionmiler Active Member

Status Points:
    This is not new in the slightest. If you are a AC member then you have been able to just enter your FF number for years now.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  5. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know they've given me the cards as a non-AC member when traveling internationally/in J as recently as early May.

6. miamigrad
    Original Member

miamigrad Silver Member

Status Points:
    As others have reported, this is not new. AC members have connected using their FF# for some time now.

7. aamilesslave
    Original Member

aamilesslave Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, this has been the case ever since free WiFi was introduced in the domestic clubs.

8. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    My bad...

9. FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
    Original Member

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Silver Member

Status Points:
    The complex long string of numbers and letters are just for non-members using a daypass or FL guests who want wifi. Otherwise, members just use FF number. Unfortunately, AA has not become any wiser today. I'm still waiting for free wifi in the clubs for all who enter.