Filini to Open in the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel with the Chef Christian Fantoni

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by uggboy, Sep 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Filini to Open in the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel with the Chef Christian Fantoni:)

La Dolce Vita
    Just when you thought hotel dining was on the downswing, a new restaurant is poised to open November 1 in the upscale Radisson Blu Aqua, located in the MacArthur genius Jeanne Gang’s Aqua building. Filini (Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, 221 N. Columbus Dr.; 312-565-5258) will seat 150 diners, eating Italian classics (filling a geographic-culinary nexus recently vacated by Cibo Matto) such as vitello tonnato, spaghetti scoglio, and braised rabbit with polenta, made by the chef Christian Fantoni (New York’s Le Bernardin and Le Cirque, Chicago’s Bice). Desserts include a budino and tiramisù in a martini glass. A bar downstairs will serve Neapolitan pizzas baked in a coal-burning oven and offer veal meatballs, mini eggplant Parmesan, bruschetta, and other bites at a stuzzichini bar. Management hopes to avoid some of the pitfalls of hotel dining. “People don’t want to go through the hotel,” Fantoni says. “We will be straight in the front. We are on the first floor. You will be seen there.” In addition to describing the restaurant’s location, that last sentence could also be a hope for its popularity.

http://www.chicagomag.com/Radar/Dis...u-Aqua-Hotel-with-the-Chef-Christian-Fantoni/

flyingdawg likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a hotel guest, a big advantage of dining in the hotel is not having to go outside. In this case, it matters especially during Chicago's long hard winters. If I must go outside in a blizzard, I might as well go to any restaurant in the area and, for the record, I almost always avoid room service dining.

uggboy likes this.