Fiji Beach Resort and Spa Managed by Hilton

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by straitman, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. straitman
    Original Member

straitman Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Resort located on Denarau Island and is approx a 20 min Taxi ride from Nadi International Airport which costs approx $FJ35. (Approx $A19 or $US19) Fiji roads are pretty ordinary but who cares.

At the entrance to the island there is a security barrier and it all changes from pretty ordinary (but interesting) to pretty nice. The greeting at the hotel was well done and very professional. The staff literally fall over themselves in an effort to look after you. I had booked a Studio Beachfront as part of the AP Bed and Breakfast promo and we were upgraded to One Bedroom Beachfront. (HH Diamond) We were very near the office but my concerns about noise were ill founded. We got three welcome letters in the room which were all hand written and from different people.

Three large separate rooms and it was all great. Bathroom etc at one end, Bedroom in the middle and a Kitchen Lounge room facing the water. The kitchen part was fully appointed with everything you could imagine. Outside on the verandah was a large, (immaculately clean) BBQ. Internet was cable (ie not wireless) but was very fast and without issue.

We wandered and found a nice looking little restaurant and had a great meal. I had a Chinese dish and my wife had Mud Crab. She was very impressed! Cost incl drinks was $FJ98 ($A53) minus 20% for the Hilton Premium Club discount. ($A44.44) Excellent value.

On site there was a bakery, a small general store and several restaurants. One of the restaurants was used for breakfast which was a full on service with everything. The only disappointing part with this was that regular coffee as Americans like it was free but real coffee as we Australians like it was $5.50 a cup ($A3).

We organised a midday checkout without issue and when our pick-up was a little late the concierge went off and got us some extra water without having to be asked.

In summary. The locals refer to Fiji Beach Resort and Spa Managed by Hilton as the best there is and I cannot disagree at all. Excellent at all levels. We are looking forward to going back their next Friday night.

2. JDiver
    Original Member

JDiver Silver Member

Status Points:
    Bula, and vinaka for the nice, descriptive post; this property is o our short list. There is a nice informal but good restaurant not far, Cardo's, and an excellent, really superior, restaurant arond the corner from Jack's Handicrafts in Nadi called Chef's (also owned by Jack, actually Mr. Jekishan Khatri, along with the Corner, etc.) Chef;s is an upscale experience with top notch food and service, one you might not expect in Nadi; we often check in early for our redeye flight back to the USA and dine at Chef's - staff has been known to line up with chocolates and sing us "Isa Lei", the Fijian departure song.

By the way, Port Denarau has a website that lists some of the local offerings at http://www.portdenarau.com.fj/home.htm.

3. How far is this from the Sheraton resort? Is it walkable?

4. JDiver
    Original Member

JDiver Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have walked to Cardo's, though I can't recall exactly how long a walk it was (over ten minutes, I am sure). I also think there is an occasional Denarau shuttle or bus one can take.

Ask about the beef - I heard an interesting story about the drover (rescued from a wreck with the cattle) and the crew (eaten).

5. straitman
    Original Member

straitman Silver Member

Status Points:
    There is the Bula bus that runs every 10-15 min, links all the resorts and is about $6 for an all day ticket.
    Walking would be possible though.

JDiver likes this.
  6. straitman
    Original Member

straitman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Our return visit was every bit as good as the first. The same great upgrade and exceptional service though this time we only got three welcome letters.

7. JDiver
    Original Member

JDiver Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's it! Vinaka!