Fidelity Investment Rewards

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by MX, May 26, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does this card ever comes with a sign-up bonus?
    TIA for any useful info or links.

2. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think we've recently seen a $75 sign-up bonus for it. TOBB has a thread dedicated to it.

I used to recommend this card, but I have some words of caution: it's issued by FIA, not by Amex, and their customer support is not up to the same standard at Amex's. Likewise, their insurance products aren't as good: many Amex cards offer Return Protection and Amex's extended warranty cover is easier to deal with.

My own Fidelity Amex just lost its spot in my wallet because they turned off the card during travel, and the only notice was an automated phone call (which, due to a voicemail misconfiguration, I didn't get until I returned). They also turned off online access to the account at the same time, with no meaningful explanation.

MX likes this.
  3. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, that's good to know. I'm also wondering if reward redemptions above $50 (min) can be done in any amount or only in multiples of $50?

traveltoomuch likes this.
  4. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's any amount over $50. You can set it up to automatically attempt a redemption every month. It will sweep everything (if over $50). The downside to that is that you could leave money stranded if you decide to stop using the card.

MX likes this.
  5. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    True, so then it would really not be a 2% reward. There are similar annoying hoops to jump through with the Barclays Arrival card.

6. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe you can sweep different amounts into more than one account. When I was using this card on a regular basis I was placing rewards in three different 529 accounts with a different amount in each account. I had no problems using this account on a two month business trip in India but I did call beforehand and tell them I was traveling there a few years ago.