FFG/UA July 2015 SEA mini-DO with Boeing - Saturday, July 25

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by JC1120, May 27, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. JC1120

JC1120 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Many of you who frequent Community Buzz or the United Airlines forums might be familiar already with us, but for the rest of you, we thought it would be a good idea to post this event on this forum as well given the substantial presence of Delta in SEA. Frequent Flyer Giving (FFG) is an organization that has existed for several years and during that time has been exclusively partnered with United Airlines (UA) to host "mini-DO" events in various cities around the US. At these events, which have ranged from simple drink events to full blown airport tours, we have guests from UA who participate. Through these mini-DOs, we raise money for the United Airlines Employee Relief Fund (UAERF). Please see our website for more details on this official airline charity. FFG is a pass-through non-profit, and 100% of the proceeds go directly to UAERF. The directors are entirely volunteers who match all donations raised.

So with that, we'd like to introduce our next event and it's extra special. In appreciation of the funds each mini-DO raises to benefit United Airlines employees in times of need, our friends at United and Boeing have planned an amazing mini-DO in Seattle on Saturday, July 25 that will surely be hard to repeat. Here's the planned itinerary:

9:15am – 2:30pm: A Day with Boeing
    · Everett VIP Factory Tour
    · Time at the Boeing Store
    · Renton VIP Factory Tour
    · Boxed lunches provided on bus between Everett and Renton
    · Transport for Boeing tours will be provided from our designated pick-up point at the Seatac Airport Marriott

3:30pm – Transport back from Boeing Tours
    · Stop 1: Seatac Airport Marriott (for those with vehicles)
    · Stop 2: Seattle Museum of Flight

3:30pm – 6:00pm: Seattle Museum of Flight
    · From 3:30 – 4:30 you’ll have free time to explore the various exhibits, and from 4:30 – 6:00 we’ll receive a private tour of the museum

6:00pm – 9:00pm: Charity Auction and Raffle to benefit the United We Care Employee Relief Fund
    · Buffet dinner catered by McCormick and Schmick’s
    · As always, we will have a great line-up of unique airline memorabilia for the auction and raffle, including an authentic piece of United Global Services airport signage

9:00pm: Event end and self-transport to next destination
    There are public transport options available after the event. Parking at the museum is free as well.

The cost of the event is $180 per person, or $330 per couple/parent-child, which will include a $80 donation (per person) or $130 donation per couple to FFG which will directly benefit the United We Care Employee Relief Fund.
    This event is now sold out!

Event pricing includes all activities on the agenda, lunch during the Boeing tour, the event dinner, and non-alcoholic beverages (alcoholic drinks will not be available at the dinner). Airfare to/from Seattle, hotel accommodations, and transportation to/from the bus pick-up and drop-off locations for the Boeing tour are NOT included. FFG is a 501(c)3 organization and therefore the donation portion of the event should be tax-deductible, but please see your tax accountant for more information.

Some additional notes on the Boeing portion of the miniDO:
    · Children over the age of 12 are able to attend
    · The tours will be walking intensive and therefore no high heel, open-toed, or ballet-flat shoes are allowed. Guests with wheelchairs or those needing extra assistance can be accommodated with prior notice to FFG.
    · Cameras will not be allowed on the factory portions of the tours

This is going to be a great mini-DO and we hope to see you there!

J. Edward, xyzzy, and JC1120

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    WheelchairTravel and Newscience like this.
  2. JC1120

JC1120 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Paid (40)
    skibum3d
    IDGflygirl
    Colpuck
    Weatherboy
    scott6067 +2
    Garp74
    sfogate
    MarkyMarc +1
    bilatq
    RTWSTARALLIANCE
    skylane
    Pat+
    AFAM-DFW
    njs281 +1
    avenezia
    jhin
    kevincrumbs
    cova
    USHPNWDLUA +1
    no1racer
    jsm
    PVDprof
    wlajambe
    Biggles209 +2
    scoobs +1
    Luna +2
    desamo
    redrick
    ParanoiaTX
    Sasa

Waitlist
    sergiosy
    Vulcan
    pavion

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  3. sfogate
    Original Member

sfogate Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will be using a wheelchair for the long walks. I can walk but I am still using my cane.

4. JC1120

JC1120 Silver Member

Status Points:
    7 spots taken!

Noted!

sfogate likes this.
  5. JC1120

JC1120 Silver Member

Status Points:
    11 out of 35 spots now taken.

6. WheelchairTravel

WheelchairTravel Active Member

Status Points:
    Do you know if the transport buses are wheelchair accessible, i.e. with lifts or ramps? I use a power wheelchair and would need to remain in it.

I am very interested, though I did plan to be in Paris on the 26th. That remains up in the air, so I'll have a decision to make.

Thanks for sharing!

7. JC1120

JC1120 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will find out for you.

8. JC1120

JC1120 Silver Member

Status Points:
    17 registered attendees now.

9. JC1120

JC1120 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Over half of the spots are taken!

10. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Even though I've previously done Boeing tours and visited the Museum of Flight, I would love to go. Unfortunately I have a schedule conflict that involves an obligation far from Seattle.

Thanks for posting this here.

11. JC1120

JC1120 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Both paid and interested lists updated - now at 22 registered attendees!

12. JC1120

JC1120 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Boeing has clarified that BOTH location visits will be from the factory floor! They also wanted us to remind people that the public tour at Everett is from the stands only, and Renton does NOT offer a public tour, so this will be a very rare opportunity for everyone involved.

13. JC1120

JC1120 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Now at 25 attendees! Only 10 spaces remaining!

14. JC1120

JC1120 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Up to 26 registered guests now.

15. JC1120

JC1120 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Now at 27! Only 8 more spots available!

16. JC1120

JC1120 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just one exciting update - does anyone remember the Global Services sign that was in ORD T1? Well, we're going to have that for auction at our event, among other neat things! You will have to find a way to get it home yourself, but it'll be worth it to hang up in your hallway somewhere! You must be present to win, so don't miss out.

17. JC1120

JC1120 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Folks, we're now sold out of spots. If you'd like to be on a wait list please post in one of the threads and we'll add you to a wait list. Thanks for the support!

18. JC1120

JC1120 Silver Member

Status Points:
    All of you should have received a message at the email address associated with your Paypal account with final logistics. Please PM me if you didn't get that.

19. JC1120

JC1120 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks to everyone who was able to attend! We were able to raise $4895 for the UA WeCare Fund, which brings our pre-match total to ~$10,400 for the year and puts us on path to blow away last year's record. Appreciate all the support, and hopefully we'll have one more event on the books for 2015.