FF advice MAD to ATH/VCE using few FF or cash:UA,BA,AA,DL,Hawaiin, Alaska

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by frank10b, Apr 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

?

Which Ryan air airport is less worst for ATH

1. Patras Araxos

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Volos

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. frank10b

frank10b Silver Member

Status Points:
    Help me avoid Ryan Air, oh the horror!!!
    So I have maybe 2M miles combined mostly AA,BA,DL,
    I need to get from MAD to ATH and back maybe thru VCE
    So with YQ BA-AA is out, any other reasonable options?

Also have penfed pts
    thanks!

2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you have DL miles, you could look at AF through CDG, KL through AMS, or (I think) AZ through Italy.

Could you use AA or BA miles on IB?

I'd avoid Ryanair at just about any cost...

3. cvsara
    Original Member

cvsara Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ryanair should be avoided, by FF, at about any cost. But for the 'llttles" thy do keep the stock respectable. And for that a big TY.:)

4. frank10b

frank10b Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks for the advice
    BA/AA/IB YQ are well pretty bad and more than I am willing to spend. I do have over 1M AA and still looking for a use for those...
    What are DL YQ on AF for inter-EU? I usually buy tkt more than use miles. Does DL allow O/W on AF, KL, is there YQ plus 25K miles? I am gld AF thru status match but no miles and Silver DL, with same, will this lower fees in YQ or tkt on ff.

I have flown Ryan, and they are just soo annoying an anything but stress free but then again they are on time and force me to travel light!!!

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    TheTravelAbstract likes this.
  6. frank10b

frank10b Silver Member

Status Points:
    You are right, I was wrong about the YQ somehow, however there seems to be no avail on the day I need. So I guess the link you provided uses BA to search for partner flights like IB.
    thanks!

TheTravelAbstract likes this.
  7. frank10b

frank10b Silver Member

Status Points:
    You are right, I was wrong about the YQ somehow, however there seems to be no avail on the day I need. So I guess the link you provided uses BA to search for partner flights like IB.thanks!

desamo likes this.
  8. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    From VCE the only airline operating flights to ATH is Airone. You may want to check their offers as some of their prices are very low.

MAD-VCE you have IB and Easyjet offering scheduled services plus 3 or 4 charter operators.

I have flown MAD/VCE with both IB and Easyjet and they are both reliable and more or less exactly the same with Easyjet seemingly more on time (although that is not statistical- just my own observations).

Unless you are planning to break your trip at Venezia for a day or longer- I wouldn't go for this connection as it will probably end up as two separate tickets.

Airone is actually not bad at all and they are now operating a minihub out of Venezia which is very nice and have excellent prices if you can book in advance.

9. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    That may be true for nonstops, but there are other carriers with connections.