Feast on This: The Week in Food Photos

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 11, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    If you’re trying to save yourself some calories and fit into a dress/suit/chicken costume for a wedding, you can’t necessarily indulge in everything you’d like to be eating. The same can’t be said for my life. As a professional food writer, it’s my job to check out the latest and greatest wherever I am and that means eating all kinds of delicious food on a regular basis. It’s a tough job, but I’m happy to do it. Instead of devouring the calories that I consume on a regular basis, why not feast with your eyes on the best stuff I ate this week? Scroll down for the ocular buffet. Monday was National Fried Chicken Day and while I don’t believe in those made up holidays, I do believe in the power of fried fowl. This meal was amazing, courtesy of Thomas Keller’s Bouchon in Beverly Hills. For $35/person, a full fried chicken dinner could be yours with the aforementioned chicken, collard greens, mac & cheese, and a vinegar-based slaw to cut through all the richness. Of course, we had to try the French Onion soup, too… Next up was a brunch at West Hollywood’s caviar kings: Petrossian. That’s a potato tarte with caviar and creme fraiche on top. Ooh la la. As an entree, I went with a classic everything bagel topped with smoked salmon. How could I resist? The other big meal of the week came at the newest steakhouse in Manhattan Beach: The Arthur J. I left VERY FULL and that’s due mostly to this massive tomahawk ribeye chop they served. Check it out (along with some Parker House rolls, bone marrow toast, and more). And that’ll do it! Hope you’re having a great weekend. The post Feast on This: The Week in Food Photos appeared first on Fly&Dine.

Continue reading...