FCO-NRT Alitalia Business class trip report

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by howtofreetravel, Jul 27, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. howtofreetravel

howtofreetravel Active Member

Status Points:
    I managed to get this flight with 120k miles as part of a tlv-nrt ticket and i believe about $200 in taxes. Just before i start i would like to warn everyone that i am not a native speaker so don't expect much of my English. After this flight my next flight will be with air France business class on i believe the A380 to Ams (Stopover on the way to TLV)

I don't have pictures of the check in (ill make sure to get more pictures for my next trip report) , but it was very fast and easy and i did not take pictures of the lounge but it was pretty pathetic so don't worry .
    [​IMG]
    This is a picture of the amenity kit which i found to be rather useless . The only thing useful in it was the lip stick and the lotions inside of it . I believe there was no toothpaste and tooth brush but i am not sure( this trip was in may).
    [​IMG]
    The presentation is good and Alitalia employees insist on it being quite neat which i like .
    [​IMG]
    I am enjoying some fake champagne if you don't mind!
    [​IMG]
    The Avod screen is of a decent size however the system powering it was quite an antique (no pictures this time sorry) . Please be aware that the selection of movies was quite slim for example in comparison to delta so perhaps this would be a factor in you deciding to fly with them.
    [​IMG]
    Alitalia has cart style food so you can pretty much choose from everything. Most people say Alitalia has great food however i beg to differ and i believe delta and klm (only carriers i flew in BE so far) have better food just smaller quantities . I actually did not enjoy the food too much when compared to the food in my home country or Italy.

2. howtofreetravel

Status Points:
    [​IMG]
    This was the desert but i did not enjoy it too much. Also something i should comment about is that i really enjoyed the service alitalia flight attendants offered although i thought the offerings themselfs were kind of weak , for example alitalia does not offer any interesting mid flight snacks (Delta does and perhaps Klm does also.

All in all i would recommend to fly Alitalia with the amount of miles i used however if possible to fly KLM or Airfrance perhaps i would fly with them to get a better AVOD and what i consider better food. It is very easy to get Alitalia inventory with miles and this is why i flew with them.

3. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice presentation, and your English is pretty darned good if you ask me. :)

One question about the following pic:

Was that pic from the Alitalia flight? I ask because of the Delta magazine and Duty-Free [with Delta's] font on it.

Regardless, how was the fake champagne? ;)

Dozer likes this.
  4. howtofreetravel

Status Points:
    Not a native english speaker and oops i did put the wrong picture in by mistake (will fix soon) . It was not so good of course haha .

Max M likes this.
  5. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    No worries. Just was seeking clarity. :)

And again, for a non-native English speaker, your English is pretty good. :)