FCO Airport Hotel

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Punki, Jul 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Punki
    Original Member

Punki Silver Member

At the last minute the Starwood property where we had intended to stay pulled out of the program, so we decided to switch and stary at the Hilton airport hotel in Rome on points. For those of you wondering why we aren't going into the city, we have spent a fair amount of time in Rome and are only here to board a ship in the morning. Moreover we don't like heat and crowds--so you might ask, what the heck are we doing in southern Europe in the summer? Good question. ;) We got such a smoking deal on the cruise that I couldn't resist, and we want to find some cousins in Croatia along the way. Our only goal in staying here is to get some sleep before we take off in the morning.

So about this hotel. It is a fairly good walk through lots of hot (not oppresively hot, but hot) tunnels that smell faintly of urine and other unpleasantries. Does anybody know the history of this hotel?

I am sigularly unimpressed. The staff were quite nice but not very efficient. We asked for more pillows several hours ago and they have not yet arrived. Our room is boring and unimpressive. To be clear, this is our first stay as a general member and I certainly don't recommend it. After we cut back on travel, we switched to SPG as our primary hotel and have been spoiled rotten as platinums.

It is nice that they still offer lovely Crabtee and Evelyn toiletries, which we will probably take with us to the ship, and still use real glasses and ceramic coffee cups. I hate drinking out of paper and plastic.

It is also a shock to pay for internet--it is a long time since we have had to do that.

Now that we have had a nap, we might grab the free hotel bus into town or maybe just walk back over to the airport, get something to eat and check out the train schedules.
    uggboy and savydog like this.