FC meal order direction?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Ed Ip, Mar 15, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Ed Ip

Ed Ip Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

I've read somewhere that certain airlines (I think AA is one of them) take meal order in the FC cabin front-to-back or back-to-front depending on the flight # odd vs even and/or east vs westbound. Such policy exists on Delta flights? If so, what's the policy?

I spoke with a DL phone agent last night and she said the FC cabin is supposed to have 2 of each entree for every FC passenger so being on the wrong end of the meal order process shouldn't be an issue but that's not what I have seen before.

Thanks.

Ed

2. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    Front to back is supposed to exist, but I have never experienced it. Maybe others here can provide more info.
    In my experience, I have never seen 2 entree's each. There have been quite a few times I've gotten the "I'm sorry, all we have left is ..."

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    How do airline agents invent the nonsense they tell customers? Two of each main course per FC passenger would mean that if a flight has 16 FC seats, assume all occupied, and two choices for the main course, DL would load 64 FC meals? This is so illogical as to be pathetic. Why would they ever load more than one per person for each choice? Even SQ IFC doesn't load meals so as to never deny a passenger their first choice.

What the DL agent might have heard is that most domestic flights with meal service offer two choices, but this does NOT mean that every passenger gets a choice. I suspect that for 16 FC passengers, they load 16 FC meals, with varying proportions of the two main courses so that even ordering in the first half would not guarantee a choice.

4. Stils

Stils Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm guessing the agent was like "whatever buddy, yeah sure they have 2 of everything now get off the phone with me." :)

5. Ed Ip

Ed Ip Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ha! Pretty much! Sad thing was she had put me on hold for a solid 5 mins to looking it up in a manual along with a supervisor. Or so she said. ;)

6. Stils

Stils Silver Member

Status Points:
    haha I'm pretty sure "look it up" means she was cruising through Milepoint and flyertalk and watching march madness on another browser on her computer. That's what it means at my house anyways.