Favorite travel related gifts

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by jemmazee, Feb 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jemmazee
    Original Member

jemmazee Silver Member

Status Points:
    (I'm still finding my way around, so I hope I am posting this in the right place ...)

Favorite gifts gotten: iHome portable re-chargable mini-speakers, for listening to music in hotel rooms; a hand-written journal of our trip to HKG, from mr. zee; and (oh my) a flask, for bring a little bit of spirit for when I'm away from home.

Favorite gifts given: My 13 year old niece is about to take her first international trip this month - apart from trips to see family in Florida or Canada, this is her first big trip. So, for an early birthday present, I got her a really groovy PURPLE suitcase of her very own. I wish I had one when I was that age, instead of having to use my mother's old white beat-up Samsonite bag. As a go-with, I went through all of my travel-related swag and put together a pretty good-sized box of travel sized shampoos, conditioners, gels, soaps, goos, q-tips, lip balms, loofahs, plus a couple kits (with earplugs, eye-masks, socks) from the last time I flew international first.

TheInternationalLine likes this.
  2. TheInternationalLine
    Original Member

TheInternationalLine Silver Member

Status Points:
    Favorite gifts gotten: 50,000 MR points from parents who have been spending on their cards forever and think the best use of MR points is crappy flat-screen TVs (Converted into Delta Silver Medallion status plus a trip to Thailand on Korean Air with miles left over).

Favorite gifts given: Amtrak lounge passes for 90-year-old grandparents who were traveling through Chicago a couple of days before Christmas.

3. UADomer08
    Original Member

UADomer08 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Favorite Gift Given: A stack of shoe mits that the friendly housekeeper at a JW gave me, which I happily passed on to my manager. He had recently been reminiscing about the days when these were standard at most hotels and missed how convenient they were. Fast forward 2 weeks to me proudly handing him a months worth!

4. Mangy
    Original Member

Mangy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just tried out a pair of the iHome speakers. They are great (for their size)

5. Mangy
    Original Member

Mangy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Best gift I gave for travel: Kindle

6. Mangy
    Original Member

Mangy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Best gift received for travel: SQ F class tickets ICN-SIN-ICN

Chimpy likes this.