Favorite Part of Sky Priority

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by DeltaExpert, Apr 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

?

What is your favorite part of the Sky Priority Experience?

1. Faster Check-in

32.4%
  2. Accelerated Security

52.9%
  3. Highest Boarding Priority

64.7%
  4. Expedited Baggage Service

29.4%
  5. IROPS handling

44.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]

Sky Priority is great branding of services to Delta's high value customers. What do you like about it?

What would you like to change?

Any new ideas?

2. diver90
    Original Member

diver90 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just think of it as a branding bucket that they use to group Medallion level benefits into. Of course I still call the Crown Room, the Crown Room. Oops did it again.

flyingdawg likes this.
  3. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Baggage service remains unacceptable at JFK and LGA. Sky Priority or not.

4. samonyc
    Original Member

samonyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    The express security lines at JFK and LGA are a benefit I'd hate to lose. Agree the baggage handling at JFK isn't as good as at other airports, but just imagine what the poor handlers must have to deal with in the bowels of T3.

Oh, SDC is nothing to be sniffed at either.

goodandclassy and DeltaExpert like this.
  5. secretsea18
    Original Member

secretsea18 Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is nothing special about "Sky Priority"... It is just the benefits that we are supposed to be getting with a special fancy name. Nothing more... nothing less.

And nothing extra compared to what was supposed to be happening before they came out with SP last year.

mersk862, gleff, Deltalina and 3 others like this.
  6. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    Expedited Baggage Service is new

7. DLroads
    Original Member

DLroads Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, expedite baggage comes with the odds of expedite losing, and the likelihood of expedite handling of baggage claims- instead of never, you'd get a reply that says:

NEVER.

(Still annoyed by the 'bad taste' left from my 12/31 trip and having DL staff 'messing around' with my suitcase)

Gargoyle likes this.
  8. secretsea18
    Original Member

secretsea18 Gold Member

Status Points:
    And also with the "expedited Baggage" losing... The Elite Priority tag used to work fine just as long as you were out of the country.... There really is no excuse for them to have delayed bags, for most days... nor ever lose one!

BamaGirl, DLroads and DeltaExpert like this.
  9. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like the expedited luggage. It is like going to Vegas a betting it all on the roulette 00. Sometimes it works, other times, not so well.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  10. Deltalina
    Original Member

Deltalina Silver Member

Status Points:
    You mean implementing yellow priority tags on all flights compared to only those over a certain stagelength?

If so then yes, it is significantly improving from the initial implementation and rarely do we see gripes about yellow being last anymore...

DeltaExpert likes this.
  11. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Sky Priority is nothing but branding of typical elite benefits. Delta does some of them better, some of them worse, than other carriers. But there's little unique here.

Deltalina and BamaGirl like this.
  12. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe people are just numb to it. Overall priority baggage handling is more miss than hit, for the limited use I make of it.

13. BamaGirl
    Original Member

BamaGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't checked a bag in years, with the exception of planeside valet. If they expedited those, it would be worthwhile. But, mine always seems to be last or next to last in the jetway delivery parade :rolleyes:.

14. Dorlee
    Original Member

Dorlee Silver Member

Status Points:
    Remember when they had a separate carousel for BE (or maybe it was first class...prior to BE) luggage? It was roped off, and even had a red carpet, and someone there to do the "cling & jerk" to get your bag off for you. Was that JFK, ATL or LAX? That was priority baggage handling!

15. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    The dedicated and policed/enforced elite security station at MSP. Today when I approached, there was no passenger in sight, they were just standing around (it is TSA after all) waiting for me. Even though they obviously had time on their hands, they didn't play with me. Also, so far, no nude-o-scope here, which is an advantage over the skyway checkpoint.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  16. Indiana Delta Diamond
    Original Member

Indiana Delta Diamond Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have you used it lately. I also don't often check bags but every time I have used it, my bags have been the very first out.

I am a little confused by people knocking the branding of the benefits. Why wouldn't they want to have a common name for the benefits? From a marketing standpoint, I think it helps them get new elites. Those people that aren't loyal to an airline see people jumping in that "Sky Priority" lane and say "I want that".

17. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    It has expanded to way too many people. As a result, the elite lines can be longer than the other at times. Delta and the other airlines need to stop being whores. Fat chance.

18. Indiana Delta Diamond
    Original Member

Status Points:
    How has it been expanded?

19. mersk862
    Original Member

mersk862 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've heard TSA complain working at Checkpoint 5 (the SP one) that they should bring people from other checkpoints there because they have no passengers and the other ones are swamped. I told them that would take away the value of this being an elite checkpoint.

I do like that this is one of the checkpoints that does not have the NoS.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  20. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've used it on I believe 7 segments this year - one nonstop round-trip, one trip with connections each way(stop on the way back), plus another segment. Had to gate-check a couple of additional times.

First time, bag was the last out, or close to it. Several traveling companions who hadn't had their bags pink-tagged had their baggage in hand ~10 minutes before I did, including the first few bags out. On the return, nothing great but nothing terrible either.

Baggage didn't even make it with me on the outbound connecting flight, several hours behind me in that case. On the return, a wonderful sky priority TA got me and my bags checked in <30 minutes before scheduled departure, and I believe my bag was in the first group or possibly waiting for me. Great experience there. On the remaining segment home, my hazy recollection is that the bags may not have come off particularly early.

On the one-way, I think I remember some non-priority stuff coming off first, but no big deal. I have the overall impression of consistently seeing bags that aren't necessarily pinktagged in the first groups of luggage to arrive, when I'm actually there.

Part of it's the bad impression left when things don't go well at all (which is how my year started, as I checked bags for probably the first time in close to a year a couple of times early and got burned), relative to the nebulous nature of "priority" when often the majority of checked bags on a flight are pinktagged.

21. Indiana Delta Diamond
    Original Member

Status Points:
    You are going to have to explain this a little bit, I don't understand at all. Pink tagging and priority check bags really don't have anything to do with each other. I agree that pink tagging needs priority but it is currently not part of the program.

22. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    My experience with priority baggage since the roll out:

LHR - consistently good - other than one occasion (when it took 50 min), bags have been out within 5-15 minutes after clearing passport control.
    ATL - mixed bag when waiting on bags from TATL flights in the E terminal, with it being fairly fast the last two trips in March and February, and terrible many times before that..the joke is baggage will hold me up for 2 hours after arriving and staying in ATL. Domestic has been okay for the most part
    BOS - priority tags were worthless both times with my bags coming out almost last.:eek:
    DTW - TATL arrival - fairly prompt after bags came out onto the carousel.
    JFK - coming in TATL, it was nothing special either visit in T3 or T4
    LAX - arriving on AF/KL international flights, it has been okay....bags out fairly quickly after using GlobalEntry. Arriving on DL domestic flights has almost always been a mess with long waits...getting my bags quickly has been the exception.

:)robin

23. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry, wrong color. Too many CRJ flights on my mind... Meant yellow.

priority pinktags and gate-checked bags for when I'm running late would be a great benefit, but as you say not part of the program.

24. GUWonder
    Original Member

GUWonder Silver Member

Status Points:
    What is "SkyPriority" that wasn't already part of the benefits that a variety of DL Medallions got before those benefits got branded as "SkyPriority" (probably for DL to sell it to non-DL Medallion customers as well)? Award travel upgrades on non-"BusinessElite" DL flights? Priority baggage handling for bags with priority tags of some sort?

DL's priority baggage handling has flopped for me more times than not -- even if skipping over delayed or lost bags of some sort -- if the idea is to have "priority" tagged bags on the baggage belt before any non-priority tagged bags from the same flight end up delivered to the baggage hall.

25. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    My big complaint is there is no "SkyPriority" for lost luggage. You get told "put it on the website" and when you call, if you even can get someone to answer the phone, tells you to check the website. SkyPriority should extend to all facets of the operation, not just the easy ones.