Father's fury as his terrified children, aged two and six, are forced to undergo FULL-BODY pat-downs

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by sobore, Apr 23, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...x-given-body-patdowns-airport-TSA-agents.html

[​IMG]

A video has surfaced online showing what appears to be a pair of Transportation Security Administration officers giving two young children full-body pat-downs in a U.S. airport.

The one-and-a-half minute clip was shared by user khanzahir100 on YouTube last Friday.

In the description of the video, the man wrote that two TSA agents subjected his two-year-old son and six-year-old daughter to pat-downs because he had been selected - 'as usual' - for a security check due to his name.

Read More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...x-given-body-patdowns-airport-TSA-agents.html

vickers, gregm and Newscience like this.
  2. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Im really torn on this one. As a father, this makes me mad. As someone who is not naive to the threats we face, I know that some parents in some parts of the world have no issues with strapping explosives on their kids. There should be another way to screen kids though. I mean, a 2 year old... Seriously?

I know the TSA comes under alot of fire, and sometimes its warranted, but I think its more on the leadership of that organization than the front line employees. I highly doubt they wanted to do that. On the attached link, the male employee appears to be trying to make it fun. I know that sounds stupid. Also, as a father, I would try to calm my kid and be there for them instead of recording it.

gaijin62, sobore and LETTERBOY like this.
  3. boggie dog

boggie dog Active Member

Status Points:
    How about a trip through a WTMD and an ETD test of the hands. No need to feel up the kiddies unless some substantial evidence of a problem is presented.

For TSA to do this kind of thing to children is inexcusable. I think the involved screeners and their supervisors should be fired and possibly even prosecuted for child abuse.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    vickers likes this.
  4. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree the reasoning they were subjected to a pat down was stupid. They came in contact with their father after he was selected for screening? What contact? Did he hand them something? Then I can understand suspicion. Did he pat them on the head, or was holding them at the time? I dont know the rules, but common sense is definitely not allowed in the TSA.

gaijin62 likes this.