"Fat Free" Fruity dressing....

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by ukgooner, Apr 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ukgooner
    Original Member

ukgooner Silver Member

Status Points:
    Very much enjoyed the F Chicken Salad today from SFO to DFW. Nice service all round in fact. (Warm nuts should be a One World standard)...

...But whats with that yucky gloopy dressing?

2. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fat Free and fruity would imply that there is a $#%^-load of sugar in it :( yucky gloopy = corn syrup? Kinda defeats the purpose of making something fat free.

Wurm likes this.
  3. abk
    Original Member

abk Silver Member

Status Points:
    Funny how things go, I had it last night lax-stl and thought it was great. What should it have been ranch or ceasar with tons of fat in it that will raise your cholesterol. Last night it was a beef dish or chicken salad. Why shouldn't one entree be heart healthy?

4. aamilesslave
    Original Member

aamilesslave Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't care for the "raspberry vinaigrette" either.

5. ukgooner
    Original Member

ukgooner Silver Member

Status Points:
    My connecting leg had the Ravioli - i did quite a bit of AA flying last year, and i suddenly realised... the F menu of both legs featured the same food as i was getting last year!

Must be kind of dull for those of you who are flying AA all the time?

PS i agree: i'm not suggesting swapping synthetic gloop for high fat emulsion - but some quality olive oil vinaigrette - which would have done the salad ingredients justice.

6. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yup - one only needs to read the nutrition labels in the supermarket to realize that food manufacturers often replace fat with HFCS, under the premise that they need to "add-back" the flavor lost when the fat was removed.

I've taken to enjoy my salads with a good squeeze of lemon juice and some cracked black pepper, rather than drowning them in goopapalooza sludge disguised as fat-free dressings. .

MinimumConnectingTime likes this.