Fastest way to 18,000 points

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (w/ AirTran)' started by bjcleaver, Dec 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. bjcleaver

bjcleaver Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just realized that I am a little over 18,000 points shy of Companion Pass. I recently got the Chase Rapid Rewards card and 50,000 bonus points, which puts me at 91,981 qualifying points (I didn't realize the bonus points would count towards CP.)

I don't have any time for flights over the next two weeks, what are some other ways to quickly get points to post? Hotel transfers? I have some Hyatt points (15k) and Chase Ultimate Rewards points available, but I think I'd need 37,500 Hyatt points to get 18,000 Rapid Rewards points - assuming the transfer would count towards CP and post in time. But that's a lot of Hyatt points.

Any other ideas? I don't think credit card purchases would post in time.

2. aitchly
    Original Member

aitchly Silver Member

Status Points:
    Credit card would work, but you have to hurry.
    -Either go online (or call) and change your due date to the 27th or so.
    -Wait 2 days to make sure it has changed for this month.
    -Make lots and lots of purchases.

3. bjcleaver

bjcleaver Silver Member

Status Points:
    Too bad I've already done my Christmas shopping!

4. nsx
    Original Member

nsx Silver Member

Status Points:
    In my experience, Chase is able to DELAY your statement date when you request a change, but they are not able to advance the date. In other words, you can get a 5-, 6-, or 7-week "month", but not a 3-week "month".

BTW, that title should have ended with a question mark. Otherwise it appears that you have discovered some amazing new trick. More amazing that attracting and disappointing readers, that is. ;)

5. bjcleaver

bjcleaver Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, I realized too late that I left off the question mark. But thanks for the info on Chase. At this point I just need to decide if 37,500 Hyatt points are worth it to me for CP.