Fastest security ever (well, in US, since 9/11)

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, May 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    On a MR yesterday early morning out of SFO... there was literally no one in line at the elite checkpoint in T3 (United). The ID checker takes 1 second, then sends me to the left. I had no laptop, no liquids, so I just put my backpack on the conveyor belt and start removing my shoes when the TSO at the metal detector motions me to leave them on and walk through the metal detector. I was so surprised, I didn't even remove my belt. The metal detector didn't complain about the big metal belt buckle, and neither about the metal zippers of my travel cargo pants (a guaranteed #fail based on past experiments).

The whole thing from waving my Premier BP at the non-existing-line checker to grabbing my backpack on the other side can't have been more than 45 seconds...

What's up with that?!

2. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Heads will roll. :D

General_Flyer and MX like this.
  3. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    I haven't failed to get three beeps at SEA TSA Pre√ since I got NEXUS in August. So all my TSA Security Kabuki Theatre™ has been of the very short and sweet variety- triple beep, bag on the X-ray, walk through.

Best $50 I've ever spent.

General_Flyer likes this.
  4. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    You're fortunate you don't fly through airports or terminals or on airlines lacking pre-check very often, when you do it really sucks.

NYCUA1K and General_Flyer like this.
  5. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    You're right, I don't. And when I do it's someplace like BUR, where Pre√ is essentially irrelevant because you go through security very quickly anyways.

General_Flyer likes this.