Fastest IVR options to get to Premier Desk?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Garp74, Nov 4, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hiya,

I started business travel in June. I chose United since I'm IAD, and am now Premier Platinum. This is my first time with status on United, having formerly traveled OneWorld and AA.

So back in the day on AA as EXP, I used to call a number, input my FF#, and I would be connected to a native English speaking, well-trained, and nominally powerful CSR who would help however best they could.

I'm trying to figure out the best path in United's IVR phone tree thingie to get to a similar experience.

Each time I try, I'm getting connected to India which is generally a losing experience for everyone involved.

Any advice on which UA phone number to call (and which options to choose) to get to good CSRs who can help professional travelers with their myriad needs would be much appreciated.

Thanks and with regards,
    David

2. webdes03

webdes03 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The back of your premier card has the premier desk number. I can honestly say, that even as Silver, I've never waited more than 5 minutes to talk to a person, and they've always been native English speakers.

Step 1: Dial Number
    Step 2: Input FF Number
    Step 3: "Good afternoon Mr. Greene..."

Whether or not you can bend them to do what you want is a case by case story... If you get a legacy CO person, they tend to be much more friendly (in my experience), but getting to a voice on the other end of the phone is relatively simple.

I'll also add, that every time I've called in the last 6 months I've gotten a follow up survey call the next day, so they're obviously aware that they need to track feedback and see where work has to be done.

Garp74 likes this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have to input my ZIP code as step 2a. Also, you will then get 3 choices - 1 for flight status, 2 for MileagePlus or 3 for Reservations. I think it eventually goes to reservations anyways but I press 3 to speed along the process.

rggale, IDGflygirl, Garp74 and 3 others like this.
  4. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you very much Webdes and Wandering Aramean! Found the number (well ok, I asked Pizzaman who is standing next to me for it) and it worked great! Way different than the number I had where I was stuck in automation loops.

Yay!

unavaca likes this.
  5. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    It doesn't automatically recognize your cell phones? It always has for me, so I haven't had to do the "input FF #" step for years.

flyforawg likes this.
  6. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've learned that if you call from the number that's in the Mileage Plus profile of you in the website, it recognizes everything and you skip steps.

7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    It did until recently. I believe someone else has a DTMF similar FF# to mine now which causes the ZIP prompt.

rggale likes this.