Faster, better airport-security checkpoints not that far off

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by rwoman, Jun 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    USA Today: Faster, better airport-security checkpoints not that far off

Given developments over the past few years, can it really get better??? And, of course, at what cost to fees that get tacked on the fares?

uggboy likes this.
  2. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    While technology-wise this sounds very sexy, let's not forget that the TSA will be involved in this at some point. Given their penchant for wanting to intrude into our lives, whether it be through outright looking at us nude, sticking their hands down our pants, and wanting as much data on us as possible, I will reserve judgment on how "less intrusive" this might be.

USAF_Pride and jkchan83 like this.
  3. ronin308

ronin308 Active Member

Status Points:
    The question becomes who's going to actually monitor those cameras, many airports already have extensive camera systems with little to no live monitoring.

Further how do they intend to "scrutinize" a passenger carrying a bomb via a camera?

What "repeated" security stops are there in most US airports? If I checked in online and have no bags I walk right to screening, go through to my gate and get on the plane. In some cases they perform secondary screening at the gate but they could have 2000 cameras and still need that.