Fast track Hilton status for you punished AMEX Green Corporate card victims out there.

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by daninstl, Sep 18, 2015.  |  Print Topic

Tags:
  1. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    If your a corporate victim being required to use a Green AMEX corporate card (you know who you are) and if you don't already have Silver or Gold status with Hilton there is a 90 day challenge where if you stay 2x you get Silver and 4x in 90 days you get Gold for this year and next.

You'll find this buried in the Corporate Card Benefits under "Rewards & Savings" and then click the "Learn More" link under "Rebates and Discounts to Save on Business Expenses:"

You may need to enter your first 5 card digits and I may be targeted based on your card but mine gave me several links. If you click on the Hilton link for 8% savings it goes to a Hilton site that offers this challenge promo sign up.

I'll try to post the link here but not sure it will work. May also try to cut and paste:
    http://hhonors.hilton.com/en/hhonors/promotions/amex_saw/index.jhtml

Like all deals posted YMMV

2. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Used your link and it allowed me to register. Message said "thank you for registering." Got the following Ts&Cs. Have a corporate platinum, so it's definitely not limited to green.
    Terms and Conditions
    *Member must complete two qualifying stays to attain Silver status or four qualifying stays to attain Gold status within 90 days of registration or enrollment. Offer available only to American Express® Corporate Card Members for stays paid for with an American Express Corporate Card and is not transferable. Offer only redeemable once for the lifetime of the promotion. Once a member reaches Silver status or Gold status, the Member may keep such status for the calendar year in which the Silver status or Gold status was earned and the subsequent calendar year. Thereafter, standard requirements must be met to maintain Silver status or Gold status. Full details of Silver Member status and Gold Member status will be mailed to the member upon attaining the tier level. Offer may be terminated without notice. In-Room Internet Access, Fitness Center / Health Club Access, In-Room Movie and Bottled Water benefits may not be complimentary at properties with a resort charge. All Hilton HHonors terms and conditions apply. Hilton HHonors™ membership, earning of Points & Miles™ and redemption of Points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions. ©2015 Hilton Worldwide.

daninstl and uggboy like this.
  3. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice. I'm just wondering if I should have waited until after 1-1-16 to do this challenge so I would get it for 2 full years.

flyforawg likes this.
  4. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    thanks, unfortunately, 1 have only 1 stay planned on AMEX Corp card, and that's with Marriott...Hilton Honors is really on a tear with status challenges, if i read correctly, partnerships with at least 4 different airlines (Ethiopian Airlines, Saudi Airlines) to offer fast tracks to Gold status :D

daninstl likes this.
  5. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    True. I don't value Hilton very much but a recent job change put me booking more than I'd like with Hilton and Delta as preferred vendors (yikes). I also hope I can leverage this somehow down the road.

flyforawg likes this.
  6. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I only use Hilton and with all these points the Waldorf stays are very nice :)

daninstl and flyforawg like this.
  7. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hilton's not all that bad. If you're going to really fancy places like NYCUA1K does, it's possibly the best program. But not too bad for those of us forced to book the more modest properties like HGI or Hampton. You just have to realign your brain around the standard value of about 1/2 a penny per point and look for those sweet spot redemptions where you can squeak out anywhere from .7 to 1 cent.

The cash and points is usually the best value when available and the Waldorfs are decent. The Rome property was great, but the New York one was so so. Maybe the Chinese will improve it. I'm looking forward to some of the history in the big easy at the Roosevelt. Bullet holes and sazeracs.

As for Delta, at least you'll probably get where you're going on time in your really old planes. :)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    daninstl and ACMM like this.