FAs ratify new contract

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Wandering Aramean, Aug 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    perryplatypus and LETTERBOY like this.
  2. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    ....reading further, it's clear the operative word in that last quote is "this".

Noting the double-edged, simultaneous message of trying to "heal" from the stressful process, yet with a clear attack on the company's management.

perryplatypus and LETTERBOY like this.
  3. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would expect pilots (only union left) now to scurry to get a new "final offer" from AA and scurry even more to approve it before Judge can OK the revised term sheet the company submitted late last week. I'm not a lawyer but my guess is that if that happens the pilots will have drawn it out too far, and they will have the entire contract invalidated and the "1113" approved by the Court on Sept. 4 instead. And I will not have a whole lot of sympathy for them if I am right. We'll see. . . .

MX likes this.
  4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not so sure that the pilots would be able to get a vote done that quickly. I suppose they could ask for a continuance from the judge as a vote is underway but I'm not so sure they'll manage to pull that off in the 2 weeks they have.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  5. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes I fully agree with you, though I expect the pilots to try that anyway. The balloting last time took more than a month, if I recall correctly, and before they ballot they would have to get it through the master executive council or whatever it is called (no easy feat).

As I say, my guess is they'll try very hard to take a delay path like this, as arguably they have been for years now, even before bankruptcy. At some point the company, its creditors committee and the judge are all going to get in synch and say nope, this 1113 process is designed just for this exact eventuality, when no consensual solution is possible. I predict that after the Sept. 4 hearing will be that time. But then I predicted the 1113 approval would happen last week, too.

LETTERBOY likes this.