"Fares to Go" Email = Spam to Folks in GEG

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by dgreen12, Apr 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. dgreen12
    Original Member

dgreen12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Alaska's IT or Marketing Department has a ways to go on "broadcast" emails that don't apply to many customers.

In this day and age, there are no real excuses for sending me a "Fares to Go" marketing email that doesn't apply to a customer in GEG. There are no "Fares to Go" from GEG. In fact, there are a remarkably limited number of cities that the sale does apply to.

If you can send a birthday email to me, you can send marketing emails that may, possibly, apply to me. :rolleyes:

Especially when you've asked me for my "home airport".

Exiled in Express and SC Flier like this.
  2. RedTape
    Original Member

RedTape Silver Member

Status Points:
    The IT Queen (realm of the Web) is on vacation this week.

Though, actually one could have the same beef with any other carrier. Seems like the weekly e-deals on a few other AAirlines, USless or bigger gUAged send them to everyone regardless if the hometown of the recipient is included.

I always wonder what AA is thinking when it says: Since there are no fares from Seattle/Tacoma, we'd like to share these other opportunities: (for example)
    Miami - Orlando
    DFW - Tulsa
    JFK - Raleigh/Durham.
    :confused:

but then again, maybe AS targets you just to piss you off (will pi*s make it past the censoring software?).

Exiled in Express likes this.
  3. dgreen12
    Original Member

dgreen12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sort of like when they send notices of $39 o/w fares to their customers in Alaska? :eek:

jackal likes this.
  4. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would like a hybrid format. My home city fares at the top and the rest of the sale elsewhere in the email. My travels are built around a central event and I can add other destinations to either side of that. Oneway pricing and multimodal travel have expanded my willingness to look over the west coast sales. It is also nice to look over the list and count my blessings I don't live in Kotzebue.

jackal and alphaeagle like this.
  5. beckoa
    Original Member

beckoa Gold Member

Status Points:
    And AS is improving in this as well... they are targeting markets better- interestingly ANC-BET is even on sale at 99 bux OW in May :p

6. jackal
    Original Member

jackal Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed. The OP is now acutely aware of how we feel here. :p

They did mention at the recent Gold Lunch that they are working on improving in this area.