Fantastic VDB Comp!

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (w/ AirTran)' started by Mike Reed, Mar 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Short version: MSP-DEN oversold by two on the previous flight... and on our flight. My ticket (one-way) was $540 (last minute) MSP-DEN-AUS. They offered a full refund + $300, a flight that night to STL via MDW, a hotel night at the airport Marriott in STL, and completion of the trip home STL-DAL-AUS the next morning.

$840? Done.

I couldn't ask for better than this - is it normal VDB comp from WN?

mo26, IDGflygirl, mikeschu and 5 others like this.
  2. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know what regular WN compensation is...but DAMN!!!! Nice score:D

3. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes. That seems regular. I've heard a lot of 300+ refund...though I haven't heard of them offering hotel offers much. DEN-LAX was significantly oversold two weeks ago...were offering same minus hotel and flight the next evening to LAX...seemed ridiculous un-generous to me at the time since my fare was about 160 and I wanted to be in LAX that night and the refund would be spet getting a hotel at DIA. You're fortunate they were able to get you home that quickly.

Sean Colahan likes this.
  4. rharrigill
    Original Member

rharrigill Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've had good experiences with VDB and Southwest. Each time they've been very helpful in getting me where I need to be, and for a good voucher price.

5. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Chalk it up to newbie status on WN. From their web site:

6. alfagirl

alfagirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    hmmmm, just last April (LAX-LAS), I gave up my seat for $300 voucher plus o/w fare AND they put me on the next flight (one hour later). Guess I was lucky...