Families and Hotels

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sfo1, Apr 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    So MH has decided to block off a certain area on some of their aircraft for families with children. Great idea and I really hope it works. So, what about hotels. Ever stay in a room, and on the same floor or the floor above is a family with small kids. Jumping off the walls, jumping up and down on the floor, yelling or running up and down the hallways? Well maybe hotels should allocate rooms on the first floor for families with small children. Put them all on one floor where they will not disturb others. I think it is a great idea, after all when you go to hotel you go there for some rest and hopefully some peace and quiet. Don't get me wrong, I love kids, I don't love the parents that can't control them, and if one floor is not enough, give them the second floor also and let those families on the first floor here the racket from the second floor and see what it is like. One floor for them and other floors for me.

sobore likes this.
  2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agree. My primary reason for this is parents who let the kids run wild at 10pm 11pm etc..
    I guess it's a way to impose some control on the parents which will then impose some control on their kids.

sfo1 likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would go out of my way and pay more to stay in child free hotels. It's disgusting the way kids tend to act when they travel.