Fairmont Yangcheng Lake

Discussion in 'Fairmont | President's Club' started by thetenken, Jun 2, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. thetenken
    Original Member

thetenken Silver Member

I had a great stay over Memorial Day weekend at the Fairmont Yangcheng Lake. The place is quite beautiful, serene, and nice in comparison to the urban and concrete jungles of Kunshan and Shanghai.

The hotel provided a complimentary ride from the Kunshan South station (about a 20 min ride away), and upon entering the hotel we were greeted by the Fairmont Gold concierge (I heard the driver telephone ahead). We checked in, and I had gotten a deluxe room upgraded to Fairmont Gold via Visa Cert, and was further upgraded to a Lake View room.

The staff is super friendly at this hotel (kudos to the management) and their English is overall good. The Gold lounge serves breakfast from 7-10am, tea from 12-2 or 3, and then canapes from 5-7pm. It's quite nice.

The room itself has separate shower and bath, with nifty automatic controls to move the blinds from the main balcony area as well as from the glass that separates the bedroom from the bathroom. Shower had nozzles for spray as well as a "rain shower".

The property is pretty sprawling, with an organic farm attached as well as quite a few acres of parkland that you can ride around (bikes complimentary with Fairmont status, rentable if not). The restaurants also serve food with ingredients from the farm.

The place is also quite kid-friendly, with plenty of activities on the weekends as well as playgrounds and even a play area for dinner that you can send the children to while you enjoy a meal with your significant other!

All-in-all, I had a wonderful experience at the Fairmont Yangcheng Lake and would not hesitate to return, especially during the crab season.