Fairmont Then and Now

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by AdrianH, Aug 30, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Why are Fairmont Hotels so bad , they do not have the staff, nor the quality of furnishings of lets say the Four Seasons. Why are they even Virtuoso??? What a joke the hotels in Whistler and L.A are they a so far down in the luxury market. From mixed service in the hotel to going down vats to getting in the pool. Is the Ghirardelli_Square and Pacific Rim one actually an improvement ???

2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fairmonts should be, in general, thought of as upper mid scale hotels.

They have some good locations and iconic properties, but indeed, their execution is pretty weak.

3. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Yeah, Fairmont is very property specific. San Jose? No way. Banff, solid service, iconic property.

4. Pizzaman, thats like saying marriott is a luxury brand. Its got so many mixed reviews on tripadvisor its beyond help. Why can't Four Seasons manage the hotel ??? its the reason why I am not going to Canada I am referring to all the Chateaux in Canada.

5. or economy hotels LOL

6. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Marriott's never really been a luxury brand in my adult lifetime. Fairmont kind was for a while and then saw some decline. Disappointing just because they do have some beautiful properties.

RichardInSF likes this.
  7. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have only been at the NYBanker approved Fairmont Olympic. It is a gem of a property.