Fairmont Singapore

Discussion in 'Fairmont | President's Club' started by Jasper2009, Feb 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Jasper2009
    Original Member

Jasper2009 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Here are a few impressions of my first stay at the Fairmont Singapore last month. I was fortunate enough to stay in the Penthouse Suite on the top floor of the hotel. [​IMG]

The suite is HUGE: 200 sq.m. / 2200 sq.ft. and has a wrap-around balcony, or to be more precise, all rooms have 1-2 balconies with quite impressive views of the SIN skyline.

1) bedroom/living room complex

extremely spacious, large king bed, sitting area, TV, desk; modern and seems to have been recently renovated, but IMO the room lacks character

IMG_3382.JPG

2) spa bathroom

Again, the bathroom is huge, and is somewhat similar to the spa bathrooms at the Fairmont Pacific Rim, but even larger and nicer: rainfall shower, bathtub, toilet, 2 wash basins; very nicely decorated with tropical plants and wood furnishing, small sauna which I didn´t use, there also is a tiny TV (about 12"), but IMO quite useless as it is about 4m away from the bathtub, not that I really need a TV in the bathroom

IMG_3315.JPG

3) foyer, 2 living rooms/sitting areas

There is a large foyer and two open-concept living rooms / sitting areas, very nicely decorated, overall a great place to have a small party; guest bathroom (toilet and wash basin) is quite small, not very impressive, considering the huge amount of space in the suite I think they could have done a better job

IMG_3383.JPG

IMG_3386.JPG

4) dining room and kitchen / butler´s pantry

Dining room is very nice and seats 8-10 people, there´s also a full kitchen / butler´s pantry (with a private entrance) with stove, fridge, coffee machine etc.

IMG_3387.JPG

Minibar has a nice selection of wine and champagne, what a pity it´s not included [​IMG]

IMG_3391.JPG

The rooms have electric panels for lighting, curtains, air conditioning etc., overall the design is pretty modern, the only negative point about the rooms is the very SLOW (wired) internet connection, definitely something I wouldn´t expect at a Fairmont hotel, uploading photos and watching videos is pretty much impossible [​IMG]

service / location:

The service overall is very good, hotel´s location is great for exploring the city, nice lobby and decent restaurants; hotel is also connected to the Raffles shopping center

The Raffles Club (which is included for all guests staying in a suite) has a very good offering: full breakfast buffet in the morning (6-8 hot items, continental breakfast spread), drinks and capanes at night; very friendly and helpful staff

Platinum welcome amenity:

some small sweets, half a dozen full bottles of Evian water and a huge bowl of fruit (about 50 pieces).

IMG_3320.JPG

Quantity certainly is impressive, but I think I would prefer something more elaborate (maybe some chocolates and a bottle of wine/champagne as I´ve received at some other hotels)

Conclusion:

Overall I can highly recommend the hotel, and using a suite upgrade cert at this property definitely is a great deal as the regular suites are 70-100 sq.m. and include access to the Raffles Club.

quank likes this.
  2. En-Route
    Original Member

En-Route Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great location,can walk everywhere from here.

Liked my stay here and would book again

3. Love this property, particularly the people and service level in the Raffles Club/Gold Lounge

4. qbrain
    Original Member

qbrain Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is also right on top of the SMRT for when things aren't within walking distance.

I love the location more than the hotel, it is a great home base.

5. En-Route
    Original Member

En-Route Silver Member

Status Points:
    Forgot about being above the SMRT.Efficient way to move around the city