Fairmont Fit is a great amenity

Discussion in 'Fairmont | President's Club' started by tigerwong, Feb 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. tigerwong
    Original Member

tigerwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not sure if anyone else has taken advantage of this service. Hotel will provide you with workout gear in case you forget or in my case, would rather not lug around. They provide Adidas shoes / clothes, yoga mat, mp3 player. Great concept and well appreciated.

2. I agree - I find it awesome even if you're not planning to work out as I have some sneakers to walk around with (saves room since I dont need to pack casual shoes). Platinum and Premier members can set it to automatically deliver by updating your fairmont.com profile.

3. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is probably my favourite amenity/perk of any that I get at hotels. Saves luggage space and if you're not going to work out the attire doubles nicely for lounging in the room.

4. bsaced
    Original Member

bsaced Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agreed. It is awesome.

5. CdnFlier
    Original Member

CdnFlier Silver Member

Status Points:
    Definitely agree! This is a very nice touch and a significant part of what I like about Fairmont.

Does anyone know if you can have equipment sent for two? (male and female)

6. Jasper2009
    Original Member

Jasper2009 Silver Member

Status Points:
    No personal experience, but I guess it should be possible: just enter a friendly request with the details in the "Miscellaneous Preferences" box in your FPC profile.

7. I have definintely had stuff sent for both my wife and I (both FPC Plat) - recently did it this weekend at Scottsdale Princess. I just made a quick call to Royal Service when we got here and gave them both our FPC#'s.

8. CdnFlier
    Original Member

CdnFlier Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting, thanks for the info! I'll give it a try next time. Wonder if both people need to be Prem/Plat

9. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do you have to be a Premium/Platinum? I'm a base member and had my workout gear waiting for me at the Château Whistler a couple of weeks ago.

Fantastic amenity, no doubt, if only because it saves space in the carry-on.

10. The service is available to anyone who's a FPC member. It's complimentary for premier/platinum members and there supposed to be a "small fee" for club/base members. I'm not sure what the fee typically is though.

11. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    $10 per stay supposedly, but I was never charged. YMMV.

12. AMRivlin
    Original Member

AMRivlin Silver Member

Status Points:
    I love this, encourages me to work out too. Fairmont Beijing had brand new (tags still on) gear.

13. CdnFlier
    Original Member

CdnFlier Silver Member

Status Points:
    What do they do with all the used gear (shoes especially)? The shoes I get always seem to be pretty much new...

It is a pretty great program though. Encourages me to do things (or at least consider doing things) and it's a small thing that influences where I stay.