Fairmont Copley Plaza

Discussion in 'Fairmont | President's Club' started by thegrailer, Jun 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Just had a 4 night stay and it was an ok hotel. I'l ramble a bit and describe my stay.

The Good: The staff was excellent. The great service went all the way to the gift shop where the Copley had the nicest most pleasant gift shop employee I have ever run into. Room service was fast but that may have been because of the off hours that I was eating. The location is fantastic. I was at a conference so didn't get to enjoy what was nearby, but there is a lot to do/see in the area. Fenway is probably even walkable if you wanted a nice stroll.

The Bad: The rooms are small. Housekeeping is on a mission of green and if I left the empty bottle of shampoo in the shower, it was not replaced. One new bar of hand soap over 4 days. The big shower bar was not replaced at all. Not a stay killer, but a bit odd. Noisy! One can hear every nearby door open and close. And the doors slam. It really is loud. I was awakened by a door one morning and could hear the phone ringing in another room. Lastly, the bar in being refurbished.

Conclusion: Too noisy and I would not stay again.

uggboy likes this.
  2. 737823

737823 Silver Member

Your assessment is consistent with my colleagues remarks after a recent stay. The property is dated but undergoing a renovation. I'm personally not a big fan of the hotel, plenty of better options nearby.