Fairmont Complementary Night Cert - Rate = N/A

Discussion in 'Fairmont | President's Club' started by Bobofoosh, Mar 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Bobofoosh
    Original Member

Bobofoosh Silver Member

Status Points:
    Question for the more experienced Fairmont FPC members. I called FPC to have my Complementary Night Cert applied to a reservation. Now when I look the reservation up on Fairmont.com the rate comes back as "N/A". Is this normal or do I need to worry about something?

Also the FPC desk said I wouldn't receive FHR benefits on the free night. I thought I had read the opposite on another thread.

2. jarusoba
    Original Member

jarusoba Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes. N/A means $0. They have applied the free night cert.

Correct. You don't get your FHR benefits any more if you use the cert. That's why I usually only use the free night certs on non-FHR properties.

Bobofoosh likes this.
  3. +1 ... Nothing to worry about. Just means it's actually free with no other taxes/fees related to the base room booking .

Bobofoosh likes this.
  4. Jasper2009
    Original Member

Jasper2009 Silver Member

Status Points:
    As others have mentioned, no reason to worry about the rate displayed, it occasionally will also display a (pretty low) $ amount on your profile and/or your final bill, this is for internal accounting purposes.

Officially you don´t get any FHR benefits for the free night, however if you book one or more paid nights in addition to the free night, you will get all the other benefits, you´d only miss out on the free breakfast on the day you´re using the free night.

Bobofoosh likes this.
  5. Bobofoosh
    Original Member

Bobofoosh Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great, thanks everyone.That N/A threw me off.

I'm rethinking using my free night cert if I end up losing breakfast that day. Also, I'm using a stay 3 nights get the fourth free promo through FHR (staying 8 nights total) and I wouldn't want the free night to cause any problems there.