Facebook users, I could use your help :-)

Discussion in 'Off Topic/Social' started by ShopAround, Oct 10, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. ShopAround
    Original Member

ShopAround Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have submitted an entry for my company to be considered for a Chase Small Business Mission Main Street grant - 250 votes are needed by Oct. 17th to be considered and I am over 100 votes short at the moment, so I am soliciting (make that begging) the support of my fellow frequent travelers for help.

Voting is done via Facebook (thus the thread title) BUT It's not one of those intrusive apps that asks for all your personal details, your mother's maiden name, your firstborn child, etc. All you need to do is click on the link below, connect via Facebook and vote. After voting, you can immediately disconnect from Facebook. Very quick and simple.

To vote, please click on the link and then click on the VOTE NOW button: https://www.missionmainstreetgrants.com/business/detail/61005

Thank you very much for your support!

uggboy and Gargoyle like this.
  2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Following up, I see you made the threshold of votes to qualify (258), but doesn't appear they gave you the grant in 2014. Keep us posted if you shoot for it again in 2015.

ShopAround and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed would be interesting when the OP would update us here on MP. Cheers. Good luck to him and his / her business. :)

ShopAround likes this.
  4. ShopAround
    Original Member

ShopAround Silver Member

Status Points:
    As Gargoyle posted, I did make the threshold but didn't win the grant. Not sure I'll try it again next year - I own a travel business and when I look at the winners from this year as well as from past years, this particular contest seems to favor companies that offer products rather than services. But I'm always on the lookout for other opportunities and very much appreciate the support!

uggboy and Gargoyle like this.
  5. tomanst

tomanst Member

Status Points:
    I'll be glad to help!