FA attitude shift? Resulting from increased merger coverage?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by garyst16, Feb 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been on two flights today (517 YYZ -DFW and 2477 DFW - LAX). The FAs on both flight (actually on 2477 as I write this post), have been terribly rude. Granted I'm not sitting in F where I usually fly on most business trips because this was a last minute trip to YYZ for a funeral...but this is odd or at least out of character compared to my 70 flights in 2012. I'm thinking maybe it is due to yesterday's weather delays and the many irritated passengers? It just seems very odd to me...

Any thoughts or similar experiences today?

2. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I flew SFO-DFW-DCA yesterday and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I did see a flight attendant snap at a coach passenger last week (only flight of 30 so far this year I didn't clear), and that was because he asked for a second beverage after the flight attendant had already moved onto the row behind us.

3. hotelexec

hotelexec Active Member

Status Points:
    On my flight today from Chicago to Austin flight 3609 the flight attendant actually made Comments about another first-class passenger as they attempted to use the restroom. The flight attendant was talking to the other flight attendant and said "i can't believe how annoying these people are, They sit all this time in the terminal, don't go to the bathroom, get on the plane and all of a sudden I have to go now. They really annoy me."

The Capt. had not turned on the fasten seatbelt sign and she said it loud enough for all of the other first-class passengers to hear. Very unprofessional.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Considering the APFA supports a merger, I'm sure many FAs are actually happier that the merger speculation is in fever pitch. ;)

My flights this year have actually all featured FAs who were rather cheery and happy. I haven't had a grumpy/angry one since October.

5. OceanBreezes

OceanBreezes Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have noticed the flight attendants being more professional and positive this year so far. They have actually worked and provided service vs the standing around and gossiping in the galley that I have noticed in the past.

malikguy likes this.
  6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I suspect it's just proof that every airline has their share of bad apples, and every once in a while one will find one.

7. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    Even if the rude FAs were on your two consecutive flights, that's still too small a sample size to draw any inference.

Regardless of one flight or many flights, rudeness should not be acceptable. If you witnessed or experienced an FA being actually rude (as opposed to just not being cheerful or whatever), I'd suggest reporting it.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  8. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    What I came to say.

edekba and anabolism like this.