F redemptions on LX

Discussion in 'bmi | Diamond Club' started by Rom Sac, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Rom Sac
    Original Member

Rom Sac Silver Member

Status Points:
    These seem to open at the last minute. How do people redeem them given that DC is supposed to need 3 days advance notice?

2. You can't. LX redemptions used to be amongst the easiest out there to find, but that's no longer true.

Do remember that Expertflyer shows availability for M&M members only whereas the ANA tool shows non-M&M Star Alliance availability.

3. RAPC
    Original Member

RAPC Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's true, but as the OP says, they typically get released to *A as a whole at the 3 day mark, making it impossible for non Gold card holders to redeem via DC and rather difficult (unless you find a compliant agent) for even Gold card holders too.

4. More Champagne Sir?
    Original Member

More Champagne Sir? Silver Member

Status Points:
    The rule on new bookings is 7/3 days, but not changes for existing bookings. So here's my advice which works a long a you have enough miles and flexible cash in your bank...

1) Book on LH F / LX C / whatever for the dates you need.
    2) Book TK F for random date in future.
    3) When LX F opens on what you need, call bmi and change the dates and routing on the TK ticket to LX. You will need to pay £20 change fee.
    4) Cancel the ticket made in point 1. There will be a £25 fee.
    5) Bingo :)

Also, do remember to always book two one-way tickets rather than returns to ensure highest flexibility, at no extra cost.

Phobia, philcape, Rom Sac and 2 others like this.
  5. G_G
    Original Member

G_G Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why don't you simply :
    1) Book on LX C or LX Y for the dates and the routing you need
    2) Change LX C/Y to LX F when it opens

4Health and SpiderBen like this.
  6. cockpitvisit
    Original Member

cockpitvisit Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are you sure it works?
    I was told yesterday on the phone that to rebook, you have to call 7 days in advance of the new travel date.

7. That has been reported elsewhere and on more than one occasion.

Your mileage may vary.

8. RAPC
    Original Member

RAPC Silver Member

Status Points:
    For all matters of the ICC, YMMV is very much the appropriate phrase!

philcape likes this.
  9. Rom Sac
    Original Member

Rom Sac Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow, what a great trick. Definitely need to try this!

10. studio76
    Original Member

studio76 Silver Member

Status Points:
    LX F awards are one reason I think M&M integration isn't the end of the world. I've sadly seen LX F available to M&M on a few occasions where I wanted them, but they were taken after a few days and never opened up to DC... Now if we could keep DC and get M&M availability, I would be thrilled!

11. It really is a crafty move to restrict access. As mentioned, premium LX seats (not just F) have all but vanished for distant bookings.

You could almost be assured of getting 2 F seats when planning well in advance. The problem of course with this is that it leaves only TG F to get you from Europe to South East Asia without paying the full miles + penalty restrictions which are imposed on LH F redemptions.

12. Isn't is because they consider a change in class of service to be a cancel and reissue, versus a reticketing? That's why I think the OP is saying to hold the future TK F - its a suitable ticket for "rebooking", such that they won't enforce the 3/7 rule. The LH/LX C is just the backup in case it doesn't work and you need to fly it out in C.

13. Can only hope and try!

14. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I rebooked from Biz to F it was a reticketing - did not have to worry about other seats on other flights of itinerary. just had to pony up more miles for the move forward. At least thats what the agent told me on the other end of the phone.

15. lallyr
    Original Member

lallyr Silver Member

Status Points:
    To be honest with you I never really have problems booking LX F. But they are quite hard to get across the pond.

16. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    BD has always suggested to start trying 14 days in advance of planned travel. Try that once, and it worked.

17. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points: