EZE Reciprocity Fee Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by NYCUA1K, Jul 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am traveling to EZE next month and just noticed this on the UA website
    I have been to EZE a couple of times and had previously paid $140 for a small white card with a barcode that was affixed to my passport and was supposed to be good for 10 years(to 2021). Is this document still good or does this requirement for a 'reciprocity fee' make it obsolete? In other words, is this "reciprocity fee" thing recent, meaning since 2011 and any fee previously paid is no good?

Thanks a bunch!

2. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think the card is valid for 10 years from the date of payment/issue. I have not been to EZE since this new online system of prepayment came into being.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  3. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    If it has the barcode, then as I read and interpret the pages about the fee, you should be ok.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  4. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    That sticker is your reciprocity fee, and is good for 10 years from the issuance date. If you enter La Argentina on a new passport, and the sticker remains valid, you will need to present both passports as to avoid paying Mme K another fee, currently US$160.

anileze and NYCUA1K like this.
  5. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is unanimous, and it pretty much confirms my initial hunch, precisely because of the barcode on the sticker. The higher fee and finding the message on the UA website made wonder. I have got a while before I will need another sticker, but I am trading in my passport for a newer model at the end of this year, since I already had 20 pages stitched in and they are now used up...

Thanks for chiming in!

Sent from my 4G DROID4 GLOBAL using milepoint

anileze likes this.
  6. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    NYCUA1K, I have had two additional pages supplements stitched in, so you can, if you choose, add another additional supplement into your existing passport. I hate to carry old and new passports as I have valid visas for BRIC countries :(

NYCUA1K likes this.
  7. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    You are good to go... just have proof of payment and you will be fine....

NYCUA1K likes this.
  8. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Considering all the beautiful visas in my current passport, which are like trophies to me, I would love nothing more than to keep this baby by just adding more pages. However, it is completely worn out from heavy usage and poor care. About usage, I got it new in 2007 with 20 pages and then I had 20 additional pages stitched in in 2010 and I am now out again -- i.e., about 20 pages every 3 years.

About poor care, judge for yourself :p

pport.jpg

In addition, I really would like to get a passport with the latest technology, like a chip with imbedded biometrics. So, I am getting a new one at the end of the year after my last int'l trip in November, which will use the last page.

BTW, does anyone have any recommendation for a passport protector that I can use to avoid messing up the new as badly as I did the old?

anileze likes this.
  9. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:

You could pick up a thin leather protector if you are going to EZE :) Or, a soft plastic cover in the style and theme of skins/cover one sees for ipads in Chinatown or street fairs in NYC during summers :)

NYCUA1K likes this.