EZE connection w/ different PNRs

Discussion in 'LAN | LANPASS' started by zpaul, Jul 15, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi guys, I hope your expert experience can come to my aid...

I have discovered that flying out of EZE for my long-haul flights to the USA is MUCH cheaper than out of SCL, so I have an upcoming trip booked with one PNR on AA from EZE-USA-EZE with separate LAN flights (booked via AA and with an AA PNR) for the SCL-EZE-SCL positioning. I've never connected through EZE, only terminated, so I'm unaware of how this might work.

AA tells me that LAN might be able to ticket my bags through to my final destination instead of having to claim them in EZE, and I would just go to the connections desk for my onward BPs. That would be the best case scenario. My connection is 5h 45min in EZE - arrive LAN Y and connect to AA F, but if I do have to go through customs, claim bags, check-in, etc., I'm afraid it might be too tight given my recent experiences clearing EZE customs.

In your experience, is this a pipe dream or could it actually happen? Better to fly in even earlier?

My second trip is on the daytime AA flight (11:00am departure), so I'm coming in from SCL the night before. No worries there except I can't find a hotel close to EZE to save my life. Ideas? As long as it has a bar I'm happy...

Thanks for any insight.

2. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    EZE connections (w/o luggage issues) involves a simple transit security (similar to SCL) and then back into the departures level. Do you have OW status? I'd be surprised if you didn't get your bags checked through, even if the LA agent has to hand write a tag. If you have an issue @ SCL, perhaps you could walk over to the AA counter. 5:45 would be plenty for EZE connections, even with "bad experiences." There are no transfer desks. The only time I had a 2 ticket trip (bags checked through), I went to the old AA lounge to get my LA BP.

EZE doesn't have a hotel. The closest hotel is the "EZE" Holiday Inn. http://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/buenos-aires/bueez/hoteldetail

It isnt' exactly close - 8 kms. They appear to have a dining room and baar, and large restaurant is right nearby.

zpaul likes this.
  3. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, BPS!

I'm PLAT on AA and Premium Silver on LA (both Sapphire in OW). Plus I'm in paid F on the long-haul flights, so I hope that that will also give me a leg up, if indeed I need one - it sounds like there won't be a problem, but I just can't get myself to trust that LAN will do the right thing until I see them actually do it.

I have a reservation at the Sheraton for November, which appears to be further than the Holiday Inn at 21 kms, but I think I'll keep it so I can use points. How about trying to get some BsAs folks together that night for a mini-Do?

4. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Sheraton (or any of them) are in the city center. I'd plan on leaving the Sheraton at 0800 for your 1100 flight. Fortunately, at that hour, once you get around the congestion around the hotel, there will probably be no tacos en la autopista!

zpaul likes this.
  5. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    It was SO easy! Just followed the "en tránsito" signs, went through x-ray, got to LAN Salón VIP within five minutes. Now I feel stupid for freaking out so much about it.