EZE and A330-200

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Ed Ip, Jan 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Ed Ip

Ed Ip Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

Does anyone know whether Delta is planning on flying something with a true lie-flat BE product to EZE or convert 332s to have lie-flats in 2013?

Thanks.

Ed

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Based on FT posts (LINK), it's coming on the A330s, but I would not expect it until after the 763's are done. Also, some recent discussion on routes with lie flat seats - LINK.

jbcarioca and Ed Ip like this.
  3. Ed Ip

Ed Ip Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks!

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you have not flown in the new cabins you should find a way. DL's 1-2-1 on the 767 is spectacular. Lots of room and privacy even if you're on the 3 side; even there you have at least 50cm between you and your neighbor. You could always fly to GIG and take, say, the EK 777-3000ER on to EZE, even in F it is not very expensive.:p:D

Ed Ip likes this.
  5. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is a great way to try EK F :)

DL used to run the nice 764s with flat beds from ATL-EZE early last year. Switching then to Brazil routes makes sense though - much better premium yields.

jbcarioca likes this.
  6. Ed Ip

Ed Ip Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I were on 767 lie-flat LAX-ATL earlier this year and I am having a hard time convincing her to fly on anything else other than a true lie-flat on long-haul flights. Can't blame her really.

We are planning a trip to EZE for later this year and Delta is showing 332 in the current schedule. :( So unless that change, I think we will likely round-trip via SCL and "domestic" using Aerolineas.

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. Ed Ip

Ed Ip Silver Member

Status Points:
    Every time you guys say "EK" I see "Eeeeeekkkkkk $$$$$" in my head. I will look into that and see if I can pull that off.

jbcarioca likes this.
  8. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    IME EK has pretty good prices on flights following primary destinations, (ie 5th freedom flights) but on the rest they're usually very expensive. They've been often cheaper than anybody else GIG-EZE, and at one time were pretty competitive between New Zealand and Australia, according to some Kiwi comments on the EK Forum a while back.

9. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mhmm I need to fly down to EZE sometime soon. :D.

jbcarioca likes this.
  10. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm going to Buenos Aires via LAX-GRU on the KE flight...available every day it runs with SkyMiles with flat beds, and then a 3 hour coach flight on either AR to AEP or G3 to EZE (both available quite easily with SkyMiles) works...and you can even add a stopover somewhere else in Argentina on the ticket.

jbcarioca likes this.
  11. Ed Ip

Ed Ip Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. Unfortunately we are in RIC so we are pretty much stuck with ATL routes unless we want to really extend the trip. :)

jbcarioca likes this.
  12. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can do ATL-GRU or GIG on DL with flat beds and still make the same connections.