Extra Legroom Seat Vs. Empty Middle Seat: Which Do You Prefer?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 12, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

I have extremely good luck with upgrades. That's largely a function of putting a lot of effort into choosing which flights I take. I've never missed an international upgrade, and can count on one hand the number of domestic upgrades I've missed on American over the past couple of years. But like I said, that's not a coincidence, and won't necessarily reflect the average person's experience. When I book a flight I'm always trying to book during off peak times, and always carefully compare the number of "premium" seats taken in economy (since those are potentially filled by other elite members vying for an upgrade), as well as the number of first class seats already occupied. The lower those numbers, the better! Well, today is my unlucky day. I'm taking two flights on American, and I missed my upgrade on both of them. In fairness I also didn't think I'd get the upgrade when I booked. But I actually had a specific time I needed to fly, which limited my options. And economy certainly isn't a big deal, especially on American, where you get a free drink and snack as an Executive Platinum member. The post Extra Legroom Seat Vs. Empty Middle Seat: Which Do You Prefer? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...