Extra Guests in T5 Galleries First

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by Princess Fiona, Oct 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Princess Fiona
    Original Member

Princess Fiona Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone had any luck in taking in an extra guest into T5 Galleries First?
    A bit curious as I was refused an extra guest ( my 6 year old ) after landing from SYD (in CW on BA10 ) with a connecting flight to GLA. I am Qantas Platinum/OWE
    I decided unsurprisingly that I probably wouldnt let her wander the terminal alone :eek:

2. adl73x
    Original Member

adl73x Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have had some considerate exceptions made for an extra guest (my child) at the lounges in EDI, MAN and GLA, but never at any of the lounges in LHR T5. I'm BA Gold, so also OWE. I have no expectation that exceptions will be made, yet sometimes they are.

I believe with QF you can keep earning status credits to a level where you can gift QF Gold. Could be useful for multiplying the permitted guests when travelling with your family.

3. Princess Fiona
    Original Member

Princess Fiona Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info. It is as you describe possible to get Partner Gold on QF. I should explain a little bit further that both my husband and I are OWE, we have 4 children, hence the extra guest each at T5. FWIW we wrote to BA following this and received a rather disappointing letter stating that the guest rules were not relaxed at any time ( no reference in the letter to guests being children)
    Wonder if any BA Golds have had similar treatment with kids in AUS ?

4. adl73x
    Original Member

adl73x Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah, that makes sense. Of course, Qantas Club membership provides access to BA Lounges when travelling on BA, although I have heard of some passengers being refused lately at LHR because "Galleries" are not specifically mentioned in the agreement between the carriers. Qantas Club membership without a joining fee can be arranged through the Australian Frequent Flyer site.

You travelled to LHR in CW - the cabin alone should have granted all passengers access to Galleries lounges on departure (but not Galleries First) IMHO there is not a lot of difference between them - First is usually less crowded. Of course, there is no business cabin on BA between LHR and GLA, however had you booked fully flexible Y between LHR and GLA the ticket is known as "BusinessUK" which does provide access to the galleries lounges (but again, not First).

5. ExpatExp

ExpatExp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmm. What do you mean about an "extra" guest? As a fellow OneWorld Emerald, I've never had a problem bringing one guest into any BA lounge. Did you just have your daughter with you, or was there anyone else?

6. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    Speaking of Lounge Guests, anyone willing to invite this lowly non-status flyer into the BA Lounge in T5 next Friday morning? With a 5 hr layover, some lounge time would be great! Just askin'!