Extra 50,000 AMEX MR points for a few phone calls

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by Delta Points, May 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Delta Points
    Original Member

Delta Points Silver Member

Status Points:
    It looks like the winning way is to call direct to the MR dept people and ask for the extra 50k. The number is 800-297-3276

It took many many many calls to get a rep to transfer to MR and they are the one's who can do it. Points instantly posted!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BTW it even works for the AMEX MR GOLD. I got mine last year when deal as well on the 50k deal!

http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/

http://thepointsguy.com/#!/page/1

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...x-platinum-100k-mr-point-sign-up-bonus-7.html

Keep calling until you get the points. Wife and I just got an extra 100k for 30 min calling!

2. chee4869

chee4869 Active Member

Status Points:
    i used email and got the point on my account in less than 12hours :)

3. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just did it this morning, thank you for posting this phone number, wonderful just wonderful to get another 50,000 MR points.

Cheers,

PedroNY

deltaGOLDflyer likes this.
  4. steelgal32
    Original Member

steelgal32 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Called in, told them AMEX was now replacing my United Chase Card, and 4 minutes 24 seconds later, I had 50,000 more points....

YULtide and deltaGOLDflyer like this.
  5. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got my Amex Premier Rewards with a 25K sign-up bonus a few months ago. I called the number posted above and asked about the 50K. The first call, I didn't get anything. A couple hours later, I called back and the nice CSR on the phone gave me the 50K points, which were posted instantly. The phone call took about 5 minutes. Wow... this is unbelievable... Thanks so much for sharing!

PedroNY and deltaGOLDflyer like this.
  6. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    so for your MR Gold card, you got an extra 50k points in addition to the 50k points you got last year?

7. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can I apply for the Platinum card now and ask them to match?

8. lotso-bear
    Original Member

lotso-bear Silver Member

Status Points:
    For the AX Premier Rewards Gold card, I believe people were getting another 50K for a total of 75K, which was the best offer for this card.

9. lotso-bear
    Original Member

lotso-bear Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can try, but I wouldn't...it sounds like they are starting to crack down, and ask people to fax in their targeted offer. However, people may be lucking out with the weekend shift today, b/c there were a few posts last night on FT about not being successful. Also, the 100K promo expired in Feb, so you will have the best luck if you got the card before then, and have a good history with AX.

10. Delta Points
    Original Member

Status Points:
    YEP! So for about 15 min on the phone both wife and I got 50k bonus EACH. Thus we got 200k for the 2 cards. I then sent 40K to CO (top off account from other deals) and booked 2 - 1st class seats on Lufthansa with long time in FRA for time in the 1st class lounge (quality time with my rubber ducky and good food and my car ride to my plane etc etc etc! - and paid for the taxes with my C1 100k point match card on top of all that!) Not bad to get a $30,000 ride for FREE!:rolleyes:

[I love being me - wife loves being mrs me!]

PedroNY likes this.
  11. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    What did you say to them? I thought the Gold Card only had 75k points? The 100k bonus is for the platinum?

12. Delta Points
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Last year the NO FIRST YEAR fee AMEX MR GOLD card bonus was 50k. This year the PLAT $450 fee card was 50k. Thus I just asked could I get the extra 50k they were offering now and as a card member for so many many years and since I also have a DELTA AMEX that I use for my business and run $5-10k a month and they said sure we will give you the extra 50k!!! :D

lichenlt likes this.
  13. k2o
    Original Member

k2o Silver Member

Status Points:
    It took 2 calls for me but the second one was a charm.

Has anyone had any luck with the AM EX Gold Business? The rep told me he could only apply the 25k to my personal as he couldn't find a promo for 75k for the Biz ( I opened both with the 50k promo).

14. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have called several times over the weekend and have not been able to get the extra 50k. Any tips on what I should say? For the most part I have gotten a FIRM no immediately, though one rep put me on hold to do some research and then came back with no.

I would greatly appreciate any help!

Thanks!

15. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    I feel like i just won the lottery. I've had my amex pr gold for 18 months now. They just agreed to give me 50k points since my initial signup bonus was 25k back then.

16. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does it work for Business OPEN Gold card? I got it last year with 50k pts after $10k spending.

17. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
    My card is Amex Premier Rewards Gold. When I called, I said that when I signed up, I received 25K. Now I see that there is another offer that gives 75K. He asked for the bonus code. I gave him the code from the FT discussion linked above. He put me on hold and came back with 50K for me.

I have heard, however, that it is becoming increasingly difficult to get the extra points because they already know about this. So YMMV.

jmrich1432 likes this.
  18. k2o
    Original Member

k2o Silver Member

Status Points:
    lichenIt...Did you try for the extra 25k for the biz? I did and was turned down for biz. I was given the bonus for the pers. though so am somewhat happy. I've searched the net and cannot come up with a Biz code for something better than the 50k offer I received.

19. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    No I didn't try. I just got 75k for personal PR Gold. I don't wanna push my luck unless there are success stories for the Biz Gold.

20. k2o
    Original Member

k2o Silver Member

Status Points:
    I sooooo want the biz to have the promo too....lol...

21. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    LOL, who doesn't? I even want that 100k Platinum pts, too bad I didn't apply :)

k2o likes this.
  22. k2o
    Original Member

k2o Silver Member

Status Points:
    LOL, who doesn't? I even want that 100k Platinum pts, too bad I didn't apply :)

I mentioned this offer to the rep...she indicated that there are more great offers coming down the pike and to keep my eyes open....hummmmm. Let's hope for a repeat or something better?!

jmrich1432 likes this.
  23. mrx900
    Original Member

mrx900 Silver Member

Status Points:
    me too--emailed them 3 x and they eventually gave me 25K......I was asking for 50K, but these North American reps are vicious with 'giving' away points...

24. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just a follow up. I did this on Saturday morning, my wife called 30 minutes later, she was not successful. She tried her luck again a few hours later, hit a really nice CSR, told them the code 5894, and she also received 50,000. So all and all, we got 100,000 MR points on Saturday. We both had 25,000 originally on the AMEX Gold Personal card sign up, back in October of 2010, so this is 7 months later! I was a bit surprised, but AMEX always been good to us, we spend most through them, so this is wonderful. Again, thanks for this thread, the direct phone number definitely helped!

25. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is great, where are you heading in 1st Class? ENJOY!