Extra 20% free on miles purchases back – till end Oct

Discussion in 'bmi | Diamond Club' started by Saracen, Sep 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    It looks like the 20% bonus on purchased miles is back, this time until the end of october. Again, think carefully about how useful this is to you. BMI redemptions continue to offer fantastic value in some cases. And here's hoping that *A upgrade awards really are coming sometime soon.

Remember each account can only buy or be gifted a maximum of 24k miles per calendar year.

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/loy...club/news-centre/offer-buy-or-gift-miles.aspx

2. Kevincm
    Original Member

Kevincm Silver Member

Status Points:
    So BMI is a bit short of cash if they're running of of these promos again..... ;)

JohnDeere19 and Lufthansa Flyer like this.
  3. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    I recently made some great redemptions, that have me looking at buying a few miles again:
    • SIN-DEL-SIN in C on SQ for only 22.5k+£150+£160 taxes, which would have cost me over S$1000 (£500) in Y +45k SQ miles to upgrade *one* segment.
    • SIN-HKG-SIN in *new C* on SQ for 22.5k+£150+£60 taxes, which was booked just two days before!
    • MUC-LHR in Y on LH for a paltry 2250 miles+£40+£40 taxes, booked two weeks out, when the lowest ticket price I could find was over £220.
    And none of these were for fun!

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  4. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm thinking (and holding out) for the year end miles clearance sale. They ran these sales throughout last year, then late in q4 they offered 50% off. I dont want to waste my 24k allotment (not to mention 5 family members worth of miles) just yet.

Saracen likes this.
  5. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    I may well do the same. Already done one lot of 24k at 20% off.

6. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We'll see how valuable these are if LH successfully breaks them up and sells them.