extending JAN expiry SWU ?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by dogcrazy, Jan 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. dogcrazy
    Original Member

dogcrazy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone has success in extending JAN expiry SWU to April ?

2. craz
    Original Member

craz Silver Member

Status Points:
    They arent doing it this year and dont expect to be doing it going forward. Thanks Jeff

I was told if I have a confirmed tkt for 2/12 they can apply it to that, but she also said that meant I was the passenger. I would think applying is a YMMV issue

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Was applying a SWU beyond its expiration date technically not possible in the past? I would have expected it to be possible, but then you'd face the "so how are you going to support your upgrade, Mr. HaveMilesWillTravel?" upon checkin?

I have a SWU that I thought would have expired at the end of 2011, but turns out it expires in January (ie Jan 30), so I guess I'll be applying it to a domestic trip...

AZjohn likes this.
  4. craz
    Original Member

craz Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was never able to get a SWU that exp say on 12/31 and applied to say a SFO-NRT to also get applied to the connecting NRT-BKK flight. They also answered sorry the NRT-BKK is on 1/1 and the SWU cant be used for that flight

yet whats the difference between applying a 1/31 to a flight a month later then to extending it to a connecting flight that falls out 1 day after it exps and is being used. Gues they had to draw the line in the sand somewhere