Extended parking at Airport hotel booked on cash+points?

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by gates_2, Mar 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. gates_2
    Original Member

gates_2 Active Member

Status Points:
    Hoping I can use cash+points to grab a room at the RDU 4points. Any experience with the fees associated with a 10 night parking? Does SPG even allow this? I know some hotels offer park+stay packages, but I don't want to book a full rate, I'd like to use points for the night.

Thanks!

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. Tinkerer
    Original Member

Tinkerer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hello gates_2 and welcome to MilePoint!

I'd call the hotel and politely ask the front desk manager. I've found flexibility varies across airport properties when they don't have stay and park packages available or if I need a couple extra nights beyond the package. In my experience, flexibility partly depends on whether they typically charge for parking (if they do it often is a third party so the hotel has more limited flexibility).

Gargoyle likes this.
  3. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had success with extended parking for no additional charge at the Sheraton Charlotte Airport and at the 4P Charlotte. Always ask first, though. Some hotels may require that you put a tag/permit in the window. And some may limit it to something like 7 days. Call the hotel directly to ask.

IIRC, parking at the Sheraton and/or Westin ATL is run by a third-party. I've had mixed results with getting free parking there following a stay.

Gargoyle likes this.