EXPs getting status renewed if also holding US Chairmans for 2015

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by ballardFlyer, Mar 6, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Several people on TOBB have posted that they kept EXP after Mar 1 getting new SWUs without enough as activity to warrant it. It appears almost all of them were US Chairmans thru Feb 2016 though.

It is a nice gesture from AA to make the merger EXPerience smoother so people aren't temporarily platinum on AA and chairmans on US for several weeks like I would have been when eventually all would be EXPs anyway.

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    What about the reverse? If someone has qualified for AA EXP but has failed to requailify for US Chairrmans status, is it being renewed?

ballardFlyer likes this.
  3. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm unsure. But I see that @Pizzaman had the same type of thing occur to his EXP as well. it sounds like he didn't hit EXP or Chairman Preferred by themselves, but did exceed 100EQM or EQP in combined totals for Q2 2015 program merge so they extended his EXP too.

4. I just want to double check my friends situation...
    I believe they've got EXP status from one of the elite status matching program AA offered unofficially without flying AA in January or February 2014.
    They got 8 SWUs then and the expiration date shows Feb 29 2016. Does that mean their EXP status is guranteed until Feb 29 2016 at least?
    I thought they were supposed to be downgraded their status after March 1 2015 becuase they didn't fly enough for EXP last year.
    They are US DM Gold until Feb 2015, but their AA status still shows EXP after March 1 2015, but it looks I'm wrong, correct?